How long do I have to...

Started by johnlin
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

johnlin

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi, everyone...

If uGPA is below 3.0, do you have to keep taking post bac

classes until your Cum GPA (Undergrad+Post Bac) breaking 3.0?


Is this good enough...

a 4.0 Post Bac GPA with 4 bio courses
U GPA < 3.0
Cum GPA ( udergrad + Post bac) 2.7
 
There will be exceptions in both directions (people with higher GPA who didn't get in, people with lower who did). I don't think getting an 'A' in 4 courses would in most adcoms eyes wipe the academic slate clean however. Infact some schools even stipulate a minimum number of credit hours before they will even consider the work as a separate 'postbac' GPA rather than lumping it in with undergrad work.

Most regular postbac courses are 1-2 years of full-course load. I think you should aim to accomplish outstanding grades on that kind of course-committment level before you can feel confident schools will look at it as significant and look past a sub 3.0 UG GPA.

As with all advice on here - this is just my opinion, and I don't sit on an adcom.