1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

How long do I have to...

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by johnlin, Dec 3, 2002.

1. johnlin

johnlin Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

hi, everyone...

If uGPA is below 3.0, do you have to keep taking post bac

classes until your Cum GPA (Undergrad+Post Bac) breaking 3.0?

Is this good enough...

a 4.0 Post Bac GPA with 4 bio courses
    U GPA < 3.0
    Cum GPA ( udergrad + Post bac) 2.7

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Megalofyia

Megalofyia 425 lbs and growing
    15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I PMed you

4. tBw

tBw totally deluded
    7+ Year Member

There will be exceptions in both directions (people with higher GPA who didn't get in, people with lower who did). I don't think getting an 'A' in 4 courses would in most adcoms eyes wipe the academic slate clean however. Infact some schools even stipulate a minimum number of credit hours before they will even consider the work as a separate 'postbac' GPA rather than lumping it in with undergrad work.

Most regular postbac courses are 1-2 years of full-course load. I think you should aim to accomplish outstanding grades on that kind of course-committment level before you can feel confident schools will look at it as significant and look past a sub 3.0 UG GPA.

As with all advice on here - this is just my opinion, and I don't sit on an adcom.