1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

How long do the DAT scores "hold over"?

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by Crazybean17, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Crazybean17

Pre-Dental
    Hey everyone,
    I want to take the DAT this upcoming August and I don't want to apply until next May. Can someone please tell me if I can actually do that?
    Thanks all!!!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Drill2Fill

Drill2Fill DentalStudentWannabe

Pre-Dental
    You can. Most schools with take scores for at least 2 years. But if I were you I would atleast wait untill I apply to take the DAT.

4. Crazybean17

Pre-Dental
    Thank you for the answer, its just that I am doing DAT prep now and when I started I thought I was going to take the DAT and apply right away. I am now finding that I will not be graduating college for another year and a half to two years (for personal reasons). Does it look bad if I take the DAT too soon prior to applying?

5. BodybldgDoc

BodybldgDoc Guest

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    It differs between colleges. Some dental schools accept DAT scores as old as 3 years and some no more than 2 years old. your best bet is to call the schools you are interested in applying and ask them to get an accurate answer.
    does it look bad? no. just make sure they dont expire before you have a chance to apply.