Crazybean17

10+ Year Member
Dec 27, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Hey everyone,
I want to take the DAT this upcoming August and I don't want to apply until next May. Can someone please tell me if I can actually do that?
Thanks all!!!

Drill2Fill

DentalStudentWannabe
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2006
Tejas
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
You can. Most schools with take scores for at least 2 years. But if I were you I would atleast wait untill I apply to take the DAT.

Crazybean17

10+ Year Member
Dec 27, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Thank you for the answer, its just that I am doing DAT prep now and when I started I thought I was going to take the DAT and apply right away. I am now finding that I will not be graduating college for another year and a half to two years (for personal reasons). Does it look bad if I take the DAT too soon prior to applying?

B

BodybldgDoc

It differs between colleges. Some dental schools accept DAT scores as old as 3 years and some no more than 2 years old. your best bet is to call the schools you are interested in applying and ask them to get an accurate answer.
does it look bad? no. just make sure they dont expire before you have a chance to apply.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.