How long does it take for schools to receive GRE scores

Started by Rmack1219
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Rmack1219

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I see that it says the processing time is 5 days for ETS to send GRE scores but how long does it actually take? Is it sent digitally or do they mail each school a letter? I tried calling but they are closed for the holidays.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had the same experience as doggums. ETS marked all my scores as sent within 24 hours of ordering. I sent my scores on the 21st and 8 days later have just received acknowledgment of receipt of my scores from one institution today.
 
Yea I sent my scores last week and a university just emailed me saying they haven't gotten them yet. Do the schools penalize you for that? Can you show them your receipt for when you actually sent them?