How long does it usually take for AACOMAS to receive MCAT scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctorlove3232

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I electronically sent my scores to AACOMAS on June 27th, and they haven't received them yet. I was wondering what kind of experience you guys had with this.

Members don't see this ad.

they say 5-7 business days. i sent mine jun 23rd and resent on july 7 and they still haven't updated.

I called and they said 7-10 business days. Someone on a different forum said he sent them on June 22nd and AACOMAS received it on the 24th.

Members don't see this ad :)
it seems to vary. they emailed me and told me to wait 5-7 business days.

took like 2 months for me

Last edited:
wow, when did you send your scores? Should I go ahead and complete my secondary DO apps or should I wait until my scores come in? Is my time better spent doing MD secondary apps right now?

wow, when did you send your scores? Should I go ahead and complete my secondary DO apps or should I wait until my scores come in? Is my time better spent doing MD secondary apps right now?
I would do MD secondary apps ASAP. That cycle is shorter and more competitive. Unless youre crazy about DO, MD will open more doors for you in the future. I have friends who finished their DO supplements in November and got in (they were borderline MD applicants score wise; ended up getting in MD)
Schools wont look at your secondary app/your application in general until they have your MCAT and everything else required.
I sent my scores in early may...it just took them FOREVER to officially attach them to my application. Im not the only one who had this issue but I think I had it one of the worst.

Last edited:
On the application I put the id for the mcat, but don't you still have to send it from the mcat score website to electronically send them in somehow. Or does it automatically go once you put the id in on aacomas.

you need to go to the mcat THX website to electronically send in scores to aacomas

So even with just putting the id, it'll never show unofficial score until I go to the THX website. Thanks for your help

yup. once you send it from thx aacomas will update your application to "official". np!

Also, the longer you wait to get this done, the longer it will take. Do it now, it takes 2 weeks. Do it in a month when the bulk of students are all trying to do it at the same time, it will take a month+

Sent my score in last Sunday, July 5th and it has yet to be sent to AACOMAS. Called again this morning and they basically said "sorry we have nothing to tell you".o_O Ughhhhh so frustrating, I have like 5 secondaries on hold due to this score.

they just updated mine today. sent it june 23, july 7, 10 and 13. probs unnecessary but i was hoping it'd get their attention lol

Reactions: 1 user
I sent mine on July 15th, AAMC verified that they were sent on the same day I requested the delivery. I just called AACOMAS customer support today (August 5th), and they told me they haven't received them. I had resent them on July 23rd, and AACOMAS' response was that it hadn't been 10 business days yet.
Anyone else having the same problem? The old AACOMAS wasn't nearly this terrible.

I sent in my scores on 7/11, 8/13 and 8/24, which I confirmed were sent by calling AAMC. I've called AACOMAS several times, most recently this morning, but they've received nothing... so I have no idea what's going on over there. :shrug: