1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

how long should i give myself to study?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by sixpence, Dec 2, 2008.

1. sixpence

7+ Year Member

i plan on taking prep class over the course of a semester, but do you think that would be sufficient time? I don't want to take it more than once... For example, should I take the prep class in the fall semester, and self study until the april exam? Or should I just take the spring prep course and take it in april? im not a very good test taker but i am pretty diligent. also, if i take it in the spring, i wouldn't be taking any classes bc i would have graduated, but possibly working in a lab. any suggestions?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DaTruMD

10+ Year Member

It depends on how motivated you are in sticking with a set schedule and studying hard.

4. olemissbabydoc

olemissbabydoc Baby Doctor
    Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Resident [Any Field]
    Take a practice test. You'll have a much better idea of how much time you need after you have a little practice with the real deal.

Dependent on your scores on that test, you may be ready in March/April, or you may want to wait until a summer date.