how long to go over Destroyer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

andyjl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of buying DAT destroyer, I hear its great. However, I still need to complete my Kaplan book which I am I'd say 75% complete with, I still need to do the practice exams and the final for online kaplan.

I bought Schaum's bio to go over.

I plan on getting achiever and Topscore.

I was just wondering for those of you who have used Destroyer, about how long it took to go over the whole book. I plan on taking my DAT mid to late July so I was wondering if I getting Destroyer at this point would be trying to cram and rush too much material without absorbing much from Destroyer. What are your thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I am thinking of buying DAT destroyer, I hear its great. However, I still need to complete my Kaplan book which I am I'd say 75% complete with, I still need to do the practice exams and the final for online kaplan.

I bought Schaum's bio to go over.

I plan on getting achiever and Topscore.

I was just wondering for those of you who have used Destroyer, about how long it took to go over the whole book. I plan on taking my DAT mid to late July so I was wondering if I getting Destroyer at this point would be trying to cram and rush too much material without absorbing much from Destroyer. What are your thoughts?

It really depends on what background knowledge you have built before going over the destroyer. I recommend you to go over the materials you have bought thoroughly to build up strong basic knowledge first. Only after that should you use the destroyer to refine your knowledges with the destroyer.
It will take about 2 weeks to go over the destroyer if you do the above first.

It really depends on what background knowledge you have built before going over the destroyer. I recommend you to go over the materials you have bought thoroughly to build up strong basic knowledge first. Only after that should you use the destroyer to refine your knowledges with the destroyer.
It will take about 2 weeks to go over the destroyer if you do the above first.

if you're going over it during the summer and you're a gunner, you can go through that baby twice in less than a week. I remember a couple of us did that last summer since we had heard about it only a few days before our exam...

destroyer? i took 2 days on each section (bio, chem, orgo) and just quickly skimmed over the math the night before the dat.

I made study sheets with all the info i needed to know out of destroyer, and then revisited destroyer and week later and took the questions again. i kept taking the questions until i could correctly identify each answer and why each other choice was wrong.

Members don't see this ad :)
destroyer? i took 2 days on each section (bio, chem, orgo) and just quickly skimmed over the math the night before the dat.

I made study sheets with all the info i needed to know out of destroyer, and then revisited destroyer and week later and took the questions again. i kept taking the questions until i could correctly identify each answer and why each other choice was wrong.
2 days? wow ....I read kaplan's bio chapters & i started working on destroyer yesterday. I can only finish 50 questions a day & that took me about 6 hrs. Destroyer has about 260 bio questions alone! I guess because Kaplan's bio chaps didnt prepare me for the destroyer. I cant even find half of the info in kaplan that destroyer is asking. I have to use my all bio textbooks & find the answers. I would say it will take me atleast 5 days to finish just bio section

But that's just me...i like to go in detail. I understand why the answer is right or wrong and read extra details about that topic & make note cards. May be that's why it is taking me long.

good luck!

2 days? wow ....I read kaplan's bio chapters & i started working on destroyer yesterday. I can only finish 50 questions a day & that took me about 6 hrs. Destroyer has about 260 bio questions alone! I guess because Kaplan's bio chaps didnt prepare me for the destroyer. I cant even find half of the info in kaplan that destroyer is asking. I have to use my all bio textbooks & find the answers. I would say it will take me atleast 5 days to finish just bio section

But that's just me...i like to go in detail. I understand why the answer is right or wrong and read extra details about that topic & make note cards. May be that's why it is taking me long.

good luck!

i just ordered destroyer last night, how many pages altogether would you say it is? did you finish reading all of kaplan? I definately need to start being more of a gunner.
-ld

i just ordered destroyer last night, how many pages altogether would you say it is? did you finish reading all of kaplan? I definately need to start being more of a gunner.
-ld
No I have not finished Kaplan yet. I finish one section of Kaplan & then i do that particular section of Destroyer. Destroyer is about 500 pages.