How long to study for Step 3?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kcrd

Playing doctor
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Could someone suggest how much time the average american medical grad studies for step 3? Or, ideally, a recommended study schedule?

I am having a hard time motivating myself to study for this thing, and on top of that, won't have the luxury of being able to study during an 'easy' rotation, because my program is requiring me to take the test within the next few months. I'm trying to get a sense of when to take the test, and how much time each day I should put into preparing.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

kcrd said:
Could someone suggest how much time the average american medical grad studies for step 3? Or, ideally, a recommended study schedule?

I am having a hard time motivating myself to study for this thing, and on top of that, won't have the luxury of being able to study during an 'easy' rotation, because my program is requiring me to take the test within the next few months. I'm trying to get a sense of when to take the test, and how much time each day I should put into preparing.

Thanks!

bumpage