How Long Until Verification?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

braluk

SDN Surgerynator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I submitted my AMCAS this Monday, sent AAMC's Transcript Request form to my school, and my transcripts were sent out yesterday (Thursday) to there, so I am assuming they will be there Monday. How long did it take you guys to get your grades verified? I certainly hope it wasnt nearly as long as it took them to grade the April MCATs :D

Members don't see this ad.

I was put "in line" to be verified when my last transcript arrived last Friday, and I'm still waiting to be verified...so at least a week?

braluk said:
So I submitted my AMCAS this Monday, sent AAMC's Transcript Request form to my school, and my transcripts were sent out yesterday (Thursday) to there, so I am assuming they will be there Monday. How long did it take you guys to get your grades verified? I certainly hope it wasnt nearly as long as it took them to grade the April MCATs :D

if u sent the transcripts yesterday, i wouldn't hold my breath. transcripts might take over 1 week especially since tuesday's a holiday and they're getting lots of stuff right now.

Members don't see this ad :)
read the "April MCATers submit AMCAS?" thread (it's called something along those lines) to get a better idea. it took me 10 days...submitted 6/19 at 11:15pm, verified 6/29 at 3:05pm.

I submitted on 6/16...and was verified yesterday (Thursday)...so really, it could be anywhere from a few days to a couple weeks

dng_06 said:
I submitted on 6/16...and was verified yesterday (Thursday)...so really, it could be anywhere from a few days to a couple weeks

I just took the plunge myself (6/30). Anyone else have a hard time presssing that send button? I am sure there are flaws in my app, but can't proof-read and edit forever. Transcripts have already been in for a while ... so here's to waiting :scared:

I'm on the phone with them now trying to figure out how much longer I will be "in line to review" Its been more then two weeks...so I want to see whats holding them up!

americanangel said:
I'm on the phone with them now trying to figure out how much longer I will be "in line to review" Its been more then two weeks...so I want to see whats holding them up!
2 weeks?! wow i'm sorry...that makes the wait so much worse, especially since you've probably tried to think of every possible mistake you could have made. good luck...let us know what in the world is taking so long!

Erina said:
2 weeks?! wow i'm sorry...that makes the wait so much worse, especially since you've probably tried to think of every possible mistake you could have made. good luck...let us know what in the world is taking so long!
Mine took 6 weeks last year, but then that week I got all my secondaries.

Erina said:

Yeah I just got off of the phone with them, and they said probably another 4 weeks! I'm going crazy waiting for this to be verified already!

So this is what they guy on the phone said: Because of the flooding in DC this week, most of the applications are sitting in a pile on the desk of an absent employee. So since most of the employees are out of work (bc of the flooding) there could be a delay in the verification. Plus, he said there was a huge influx of applications after the MCAT scores came out (but that should have been expected)

So it looks like there is nothing we can do expect wait for now...I might take up calling them everyday--sooner or later if they see a log of telephone calls they might push my application out to get rid of me!!!

americanangel said:
Yeah I just got off of the phone with them, and they said probably another 4 weeks! I'm going crazy waiting for this to be verified already!

So this is what they guy on the phone said: Because of the flooding in DC this week, most of the applications are sitting in a pile on the desk of an absent employee. So since most of the employees are out of work (bc of the flooding) there could be a delay in the verification. Plus, he said there was a huge influx of applications after the MCAT scores came out (but that should have been expected)

So it looks like there is nothing we can do expect wait for now...I might take up calling them everyday--sooner or later if they see a log of telephone calls they might push my application out to get rid of me!!!
that's really sad. it seems like it was just a matter of luck that i got a verifier who was actually there...stupid rain. hopefully med schools will be understanding about the delay since you definitely had everything in very early.

Erina said:
that's really sad. it seems like it was just a matter of luck that i got a verifier who was actually there...stupid rain. hopefully med schools will be understanding about the delay since you definitely had everything in very early.

i hope so...its just nerve wracking especially when its something you wanted for so long!! well, whatever will be will be...

Good luck to everybody else out there waiting and working!!! Let's hope our dream come true!! :luck:

man, this sux. hopefully, schools that don't screen will send us secondaries before we're verified.

Well I know they are sending some preliminary info...I got a link to GW secondary but it says "please do not submit until your primary application is verified" and I also got a residency from UF but other then that I haven't recieved anything from the other schools that don't screen (Baylor, Georgetown, etc...)

So hopefully we'll get something!

americanangel said:
Well I know they are sending some preliminary info...I got a link to GW secondary but it says "please do not submit until your primary application is verified" and I also got a residency from UF but other then that I haven't recieved anything from the other schools that don't screen (Baylor, Georgetown, etc...)

So hopefully we'll get something!
where does it say anywhere on GW's secondary application that you cannot submit (you do mean george washington right?). I looked through the website, and through their secondary application, and it almost seems to me that they encourage that you submit it at the earliest possible time to avoid delays.

braluk said:
where does it say anywhere on GW's secondary application that you cannot submit (you do mean george washington right?). I looked through the website, and through their secondary application, and it almost seems to me that they encourage that you submit it at the earliest possible time to avoid delays.

The email I got from them said "Please make sure your AMCAS application is complete and verified." But then on the webpage it says please submit as early as possible. Sorry braluk, now I'm a confused too!

braluk said:

The email I got from them said "Please make sure your AMCAS application is complete and verified." But then on the webpage it says please submit as early as possible.

Can someone else clarify?

Sorry braluk, now I'm a confused too!

This is my email:

Dear Applicant,

We have received your preliminary AMCAS information regarding your application submission to The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences Doctor of Medicine Program. We appreciate your interest in our program and would like to invite you to complete our secondary application.

Please proceed to the following website where there will be further instructions on how to complete your GW Secondary Application. You may need to cut and paste the URL into your browser.

Again, thank you for your interest in GW! We look forward to receiving your application!

Sincerely,
Diane P. McQuail, M.A.
Assistant Dean of Admissions
Chair, Committee on Admissions
The George Washington University
School of Medicine and Health Sciences

braluk said:
This is my email:

Dear Applicant,

We have received your preliminary AMCAS information regarding your application submission to The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences Doctor of Medicine Program. We appreciate your interest in our program and would like to invite you to complete our secondary application.

Please proceed to the following website where there will be further instructions on how to complete your GW Secondary Application. You may need to cut and paste the URL into your browser.

Again, thank you for your interest in GW! We look forward to receiving your application!

Sincerely,
Diane P. McQuail, M.A.
Assistant Dean of Admissions
Chair, Committee on Admissions
The George Washington University
School of Medicine and Health Sciences

I got that email and I emailed them about a question in regards to submitting my app. I'm not at home and my email is in my outlook, so I can't double check but hey maybe we can! It doesn't make much sense that you could submit a secondary app without even having a primary on file...But, hey so far nothing in this application process makes sense!

Mine is finished and in the envelope already, I was just waiting to be verified...Well I guess I'll be sending it out in the mail on monday then....

Thank Braluk!

americanangel said:
I got that email and I emailed them about a question in regards to submitting my app. I'm not at home and my email is in my outlook, so I can't double check but hey maybe we can! It doesn't make much sense that you could submit a secondary app without even having a primary on file...But, hey so far nothing in this application process makes sense!

Mine is finished and in the envelope already, I was just waiting to be verified...Well I guess I'll be sending it out in the mail on monday then....

Thank Braluk!
no problem, the spreadsheet that my alma mater provided me indicated that they dont screen initial apps, and accept all secondaries, hence i think it makes sense that they accept secondaries. After all, your file is probably already opened after they received notice from AMCAS that you are applying. It makes sense to fill it as soon as possible. Hopefully, this is the case.

braluk said:
no problem, the spreadsheet that my alma mater provided me indicated that they dont screen initial apps, and accept all secondaries, hence i think it makes sense that they accept secondaries. After all, your file is probably already opened after they received notice from AMCAS that you are applying. It makes sense to fill it as soon as possible. Hopefully, this is the case.

Cool...Thanks Braluk! Looks like I will be sending it out on Monday!
Good luck with your applications! :luck: