How long until you can't login again?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ToGodALLGlory

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have an idea of how long it usually takes for the system to recognize you have been rejected and not let you login again? I was rejected from Temple a couple of months ago and when I was going through the usual status checks, I accidentally checked my status there again and the ID and password didn't work anymore. It had been about a week since I received the rejection letter at that time. I'm just curious because I'm having some difficulty receiving a letter from a school I'm waitlisted at (it's been 3 weeks)....shouldn't I be out of the system by now if it was a rejection on the way?

Members don't see this ad.

i am going to go ahead and say that it is probably different from school to school. i would think by this time, most schools, even ones that have accepted you, have turned off or whatever you want to call it, from last cycle. they are getting ready for all the new stuff. if you are having trouble with the letter, why don't you just call?

Thanks for responding. I've called twice and both times they said they would send another letter. The only other status I still check this cycle (mostly for kicks now I guess) is Drexel, which still lets me in. But this waitlist is another story....waiting to submit my reapp because I keep expecting to get the darn letter any day now. That is why I was hoping to get some conjecture from anyone who might have accidentally checked their status after rejection from any school (like I did) and who might be able to guess with me what it all means!