How many days ahead of time do you get your tumor board lists?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

univlad

20+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
How many days ahead of time do you get your tumor board lists to begin preparing? It seems that as the year has gone on the list is getting to me later and later....

LADoc00

Gen X, the last great generation
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
most the time Im getting add-ons at 5pm with conference the next day at 7am:(

lipstick

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hours and it is total pain and stress running around crazy putting the cases together

dermpathdoc

DO Path
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hours and it is total pain and stress running around crazy putting the cases together

Don't get any better out in the real world in hospitals with no path residency program. Our 3 hospital system has a tumor board run by surgical oncology where they are supposed to submit thier list to us 2 weeks ahead of time...yet they routinely do a bunch of addons the day before the conference. Then..the surgeons/oncologists never show up for the conference!!! Of course we had a tit for tat last week...our computerized microscope malfunctioned.....so the conference was canceled because we could not show the slides....never saw such a happy bunch of med itnerns and residents in my life...free food and coffee and no meeting to go with it:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

B

b&ierstiefel

How many days ahead of time do you get your tumor board lists to begin preparing? It seems that as the year has gone on the list is getting to me later and later....

1-2 days prior to tumor board.

Depending on the service giving us the cases it can be a week to 2 hours.