how many east coasters here wanna go to cali med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chef

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
By "eastcoasters" I mean the ones who never lived in CA before - CA residents who came to the East Coast just to attend college do not count!

I'm wondering how many people on the East are interested in attending a CA school.

Members don't see this ad.

I'd give anything to be out there.

Note: interesting how this post arrived as the temp dropped 20 degrees over the past 2 days!
;)

the only school that could drag my NYC-ass to california is stanford (that is if i dont get into ten other schools).

sorry. i know people love california, but i'm way way too NYC to feel comfortable in the west coast. besides, a lot of california schools are residency feeders to california hospitals. i absolutely must get a NYC residency.

oh, also my choice to stay local also has to do with personal/family reasons, so dont think that i am completely closed-minded.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm also dreaming of Stanford.
(Although exiled in Columbus, I am from NJ (birth-age 18).

I think UCSF and Berkeley's Joint Medical Program could probably drag me away from Virginia. I liked Stanford, but I don't think I liked it enough to pull me to the west coast.

What would really make me happy? NYC, 40 degrees warmer in the winter and 20 degrees cooler in the summer.

Not too much to ask for, right? :p

stanford gets my vote if i get theirs. i'm from nyc.

I am a transplant from the east coast (Connecticut/New York area) but I've been away for ten years. I'd go to Stanford if they let me in.

no votes for UCLA yet? I thought UCLA was everyone's favorite.. :rolleyes:

I'm a midwestern'er, roughly. And Stanford is second on my list, UCSF is third.

UCSF is probably a dream, but I think I have a shot at Stanford. Who knows...