How many easy classes to take?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RuralPhysician8

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, as a freshman I of course have a ton of electives that are relatively interesting but only meet once a week and appear to be basic "show up, do the work, you pass" one credit hour courses. Obviously I am going to use these to pad my GPA before I engage in the harder sciences, but is there a limit to how many I should take? At what point will I be taking too many "BS" classes? Currently, I plan on taking 3-4 this year and probably none later on.

Members don't see this ad.

So, as a freshman I of course have a ton of electives that are relatively interesting but only meet once a week and appear to be basic "show up, do the work, you pass" one credit hour courses. Obviously I am going to use these to pad my GPA before I engage in the harder sciences, but is there a limit to how many I should take? At what point will I be taking too many "BS" classes? Currently, I plan on taking 3-4 this year and probably none later on.

my major (non science) had a ton of 1 credit hour classes we had to take. They were very BS. I think what matters most is the credit hours over all per semester

my major (non science) had a ton of 1 credit hour classes we had to take. They were very BS. I think what matters most is the credit hours over all per semester

Thanks, my advisor had something similar; however, he also told me to take calculus based physics (lol).

Hopefully it's not viewed upon too negatively. I took 1-2 each year. (quarter system)