How many exams have you failed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
One thing I wouldn't dwell on is the class average. At my school anyway, many of the students come from post-bach programs where they take the entire first year of medical school before actually matriculating. They go through the identical courses (with identical exams) twice around, so this obviously puts them at a huge advantage (yet they might not actually know the material that well.)

I'm familiar with this. Many of my classmates have had BioChem, Histology and Anatomy. I just try and put in extra time to make up the difference (which is pretty much impossible).

Members don't see this ad.

One thing I wouldn't dwell on is the class average. At my school anyway, many of the students come from post-bach programs where they take the entire first year of medical school before actually matriculating. They go through the identical courses (with identical exams) twice around, so this obviously puts them at a huge advantage (yet they might not actually know the material that well.) Some students can even elect to do a two year program, where they pretty much take the first two years of medical school before actually entering. It seems unfair but from the school's perspective thats $$$ in their pocket.

At my school you can actually test out of those courses through those post-bac programs, so for the first year students that came in through one program are taking almost no classes, and during the second year students that came in through a different program are taking a half load. Meanwhile all through this over a third of the school is doing a combined MD/MPH which means they're taking 2 classes more than a full load. It makes you understand why no one cares about your class rank from the first two years.