SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

How many have Path or Psych Residency Interviews?

Discussion in 'Clinical Rotations' started by PathDoc, Oct 4, 2001.

1. PathDoc

PathDoc Member 7+ Year Member

Aug 16, 2001
    California
    Just curious as to how many folks have already received interviews for programs in pathology and psychiatry. I graduated last year, and have been doing clinical research, am now applying for residency starting summer 2002. I've only gotten 5 interviews up to now, and I'm getting nervous.
    Just trying to establish a time-table for this process, and find out which programs are already scheduling interviews.
    Thanks for any info you can share. :p

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. djmd

djmd an Antediluvian 7+ Year Member

Oct 2, 2001
    Well I can't comment on Psych.

But on Pathology i have gotten 7 interviews but that is out of 27 applications (I know I am crazy (maybe I should think about psych :eek: ))

It is still early on, lots of places don't even start reviewing applications untill october. And interview season doesn't start full force untill November...

See you in November :D
    -S-

4. GreatPumpkin

GreatPumpkin Mystical Treatbringer 10+ Year Member

Mar 23, 2001
    Indiana
    I know we have not started interviewing as of yet. I would imagine that interview letters are all going out now.

I went through the process last year and receive interviews at all the schools I applied to six in total. I ended up only going to four. Path interviews are usually very nice. The programs try hard to sell themselves to you. It is a "buyers market", with so few grads interested in path. Good luck.

5. Magree

Magree Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Sep 5, 2001
    Hi:

Just curious. Pathdoc are you applying into both path and psych? If so, is it hard to apply into two very different specialties? How did you do your ERAS stuff? Thanx.

M-