How many have Path or Psych Residency Interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PathDoc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious as to how many folks have already received interviews for programs in pathology and psychiatry. I graduated last year, and have been doing clinical research, am now applying for residency starting summer 2002. I've only gotten 5 interviews up to now, and I'm getting nervous.
Just trying to establish a time-table for this process, and find out which programs are already scheduling interviews.
Thanks for any info you can share. :p

Members don't see this ad.

Well I can't comment on Psych.

But on Pathology i have gotten 7 interviews but that is out of 27 applications (I know I am crazy (maybe I should think about psych :eek: ))

It is still early on, lots of places don't even start reviewing applications untill october. And interview season doesn't start full force untill November...

See you in November :D
-S-

I know we have not started interviewing as of yet. I would imagine that interview letters are all going out now.

I went through the process last year and receive interviews at all the schools I applied to six in total. I ended up only going to four. Path interviews are usually very nice. The programs try hard to sell themselves to you. It is a "buyers market", with so few grads interested in path. Good luck.

Hi:

Just curious. Pathdoc are you applying into both path and psych? If so, is it hard to apply into two very different specialties? How did you do your ERAS stuff? Thanx.

M-