How many hours a day did you study using TBR books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kgpremed11

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im in a fortunate position where I will have nothing to do until my MCAT date 3/23/12. Maybe I'll take biochem next semester but im still undecided on that. So is 6 hrs a day enough to cover TBR physics and g chem, and TPRH bio and ochem or should I shoot for 8hrs? IM using SN2's 3 month schedule with an extra month of practice test.

Members don't see this ad.

I am in the same boat as you are... I have pretty much nothing to do except study for MCAT and my MCAT date is 04/04/13

I am planning to do SN2ED 4 month schedule with this month reviewing the basics concepts.... Good luck to you

I am in the same boat as you are... I have pretty much nothing to do except study for MCAT and my MCAT date is 04/04/13

I am planning to do SN2ED 4 month schedule with this month reviewing the basics concepts.... Good luck to you

4/4 here too.

This is a great poll, unfortunately for me, I will be working 30hrs a week. (3 - 10hr/day shifts). Then be studying the rest of the time, so this will be helpful for me. I hope a lot people participate in this poll.

Thanks.

Your welcome guys, I wish you both the best of luck on your test.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was working full-time and taking 7 credits while doing MCAT prep so I didn't have a ton of time during the week. I tried to put in 2-3 hours every weekday (usually ended up doing less than 1 hour) and then 10-12 hours each on Saturday/Sunday.

Note that this is also dependent on what people were doing. Did they cover 2-3 chapters in a day? 1 chapter? Do questions and read chapter? Do questions, read chapter, and write notes/flashcards?

Note that this is also dependent on what people were doing. Did they cover 2-3 chapters in a day? 1 chapter? Do questions and read chapter? Do questions, read chapter, and write notes/flashcards?

I did one chapter of each book per week in addition to reviewing them and doing the correlated ek chapters and nova physics. I fell behind during the week and caught up during the weekend.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

Im in a fortunate position where I will have nothing to do until my MCAT date 3/23/12. Maybe I'll take biochem next semester but im still undecided on that. So is 6 hrs a day enough to cover TBR physics and g chem, and TPRH bio and ochem or should I shoot for 8hrs? IM using SN2's 3 month schedule with an extra month of practice test.

Studying from SN2's schedule is basically like having a full time job. There is a reason the schedule has a disclaimer that it is not really recommended to attempt with a part time job or school. That being said, I am doing it with a part time job and keeping up. I have been trimming it down a bit though; I'm not doing EK 1001, the hat trick, rereading the chapters entirely, or reviewing every question (I just focus on missed questions and questions I got right but don't fully understand). Even trimming it down to that amount requires a solid 4-5 hours a day (roughly 25 hours per week of actual focused study time). If you plan to do the entire schedule, don't plan on doing that much else those few months when you are studying.

I did one chapter of each book per week in addition to reviewing them and doing the correlated ek chapters and nova physics. I fell behind during the week and caught up during the weekend.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

This also brings up that different people have different time scales. Perhaps you did four chapters a week because you wanted to take 4 months to study. Someone else maybe puts in 12 hours a day because they're trying to take 1 month to study. That's a big difference simply because the # of days/weeks a person is shooting for.