How many hours do you work as a pharm student?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

apteryx

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the midst of being a full-time pharm student, how many hours of work do you get to squeeze in amidst the classes and studying?

Members don't see this ad.

I worked 16 hours per week during school (every freaking Sat and Sun) and full time during summer.

About 30 hour per week 2nd and 3rd year, just saturdays (10 hours) 4th year

Members don't see this ad :)
there was no job in school town

so i drove home 2 hours every weekend to work 10 hour shift on every saturday....so it took 14 hours out of my week

8 hours per week - Saturday or Sunday but I like relaxing!

About 30 hour per week 2nd and 3rd year, just saturdays (10 hours) 4th year

I'm encouraged by this! I need to work about 25 per week and I was wondering if it would be possible. Sounds like it might.

During school:
P1 & P2- 20-25hrs/week
P3- 10hrs/week (the graduate status kicked in, so the loans were much better)

During the summer:
P1- 15hrs/week -> I had a terrible job that summer!
P2- 25-30hrs/week
P3- 25-30hrs/week (until rotations start)

During school:
P1 & P2- 20-25hrs/week
P3- 10hrs/week (the graduate status kicked in, so the loans were much better)

This is inspiring.. so I can suck up my weekend job for another year for P2.. yeah.!

15 hours...5 on Friday nights and 10 on Saturdays.

Thank you for finding me the job Cject! ;)

My biggest regret looking back at Rx school is that I didn't work more.

Why is this your biggest regret?

So far it seems that most of you guys only worked on the weekends. Is this true?

As it currently stands I'm going to be accepting a job as a research student working around 15 hours a week during the fall semester of my P2 year, which will be about 3 hours a day (+ Kinetics, +pharmacology and all that yummy stuff). Would this be possible, or is it more reasonable working on the weekends?

So far it seems that most of you guys only worked on the weekends. Is this true?

As it currently stands I'm going to be accepting a job as a research student working around 15 hours a week during the fall semester of my P2 year, which will be about 3 hours a day (+ Kinetics, +pharmacology and all that yummy stuff). Would this be possible, or is it more reasonable working on the weekends?

weekdays is much better especially if your school have exams on Monday.
You would have time to hang out with most people on weekend! One of my classmate have the similar job as the lab students and she is doing fine (got all A)! Working weekends is depressing but I would rather have the money to spare for limited vacation than taking vacation with no money and jobs.

weekdays is much better especially if your school have exams on Monday.
You would have time to hang out with most people on weekend! One of my classmate have the similar job as the lab students and she is doing fine (got all A)! Working weekends is depressing but I would rather have the money to spare for limited vacation than taking vacation with no money and jobs.

Yeah, I definitely understand where you are coming from. The deal is I'll sign a contract for 15 paid hours, but work around 20 sometimes. That is what sucks the most. But having money in my pocket every week is going to feel great, even if I don't have time to spend it =-). And kepping all As is my top priority, so it's nice to hear that your friend is doing it =-D!

What kind of jobs do you guys have? Pretty much all tech/intern/research jobs? I would like to work as an intern or tech but I'm in a pretty saturated area so I have a feeling I won't be able to find anything. What other types of jobs might you suggest?