-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
How many hours do you work as a pharm student?
Started by apteryx
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I worked 16 hours per week during school (every freaking Sat and Sun) and full time during summer.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
8 1/2 hours on Saturday and 3 1/2 hours on Sunday night.
About 30 hour per week 2nd and 3rd year, just saturdays (10 hours) 4th year
I'm encouraged by this! I need to work about 25 per week and I was wondering if it would be possible. Sounds like it might.
15 hours...5 on Friday nights and 10 on Saturdays.
Thank you for finding me the job Cject! 😉
My biggest regret looking back at Rx school is that I didn't work more.
Thank you for finding me the job Cject! 😉
My biggest regret looking back at Rx school is that I didn't work more.
24-26 hr/week
Usually 12-16 hrs/week.
During school:
P1 & P2- 20-25hrs/week
P3- 10hrs/week (the graduate status kicked in, so the loans were much better)
During the summer:
P1- 15hrs/week -> I had a terrible job that summer!
P2- 25-30hrs/week
P3- 25-30hrs/week (until rotations start)
P1 & P2- 20-25hrs/week
P3- 10hrs/week (the graduate status kicked in, so the loans were much better)
During the summer:
P1- 15hrs/week -> I had a terrible job that summer!
P2- 25-30hrs/week
P3- 25-30hrs/week (until rotations start)
During school:
P1 & P2- 20-25hrs/week
P3- 10hrs/week (the graduate status kicked in, so the loans were much better)
This is inspiring.. so I can suck up my weekend job for another year for P2.. yeah.!
15 hours...5 on Friday nights and 10 on Saturdays.
Thank you for finding me the job Cject! 😉
My biggest regret looking back at Rx school is that I didn't work more.
Why is this your biggest regret?
So far it seems that most of you guys only worked on the weekends. Is this true?
As it currently stands I'm going to be accepting a job as a research student working around 15 hours a week during the fall semester of my P2 year, which will be about 3 hours a day (+ Kinetics, +pharmacology and all that yummy stuff). Would this be possible, or is it more reasonable working on the weekends?
As it currently stands I'm going to be accepting a job as a research student working around 15 hours a week during the fall semester of my P2 year, which will be about 3 hours a day (+ Kinetics, +pharmacology and all that yummy stuff). Would this be possible, or is it more reasonable working on the weekends?
So far it seems that most of you guys only worked on the weekends. Is this true?
As it currently stands I'm going to be accepting a job as a research student working around 15 hours a week during the fall semester of my P2 year, which will be about 3 hours a day (+ Kinetics, +pharmacology and all that yummy stuff). Would this be possible, or is it more reasonable working on the weekends?
weekdays is much better especially if your school have exams on Monday.
You would have time to hang out with most people on weekend! One of my classmate have the similar job as the lab students and she is doing fine (got all A)! Working weekends is depressing but I would rather have the money to spare for limited vacation than taking vacation with no money and jobs.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
weekdays is much better especially if your school have exams on Monday.
You would have time to hang out with most people on weekend! One of my classmate have the similar job as the lab students and she is doing fine (got all A)! Working weekends is depressing but I would rather have the money to spare for limited vacation than taking vacation with no money and jobs.
Yeah, I definitely understand where you are coming from. The deal is I'll sign a contract for 15 paid hours, but work around 20 sometimes. That is what sucks the most. But having money in my pocket every week is going to feel great, even if I don't have time to spend it =-). And kepping all As is my top priority, so it's nice to hear that your friend is doing it =-D!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 9
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 31
- Views
- 5K