How many interviews are you going on?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Methyldopa

Pharmacopoeia
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It seems like we're near the middle of our interview season and already I'm tired of interviewing! Right now I have 10 scheduled neuro interview, with about 8 prelim interviews on top of that!!! :eek:

How many neuro interviews is everyone going on?

I think the avg from last year was 6.5!

Members don't see this ad.

Methyldopa said:
It seems like we're near the middle of our interview season and already I'm tired of interviewing! Right now I have 10 scheduled neuro interview, with about 8 prelim interviews on top of that!!! :eek:

How many neuro interviews is everyone going on?

I think the avg from last year was 6.5!

I have backloaded my interviews for the month of December. Have completed 4 thus far, and have 8 more to go for neurology. A total of 12 interviews for me...I am an IMG and thought it to be 'safe' to do this many.

I have heard of fellow candidates doing as few as 2 and as many as 18 along the interview trail!

Is anyone still waiting to hear from programs? I am waiting on USC, UCSD and Stanford. :rolleyes:

I have done 7 so far and have 11 all together scheduled. I am keeping all of them because I don't feel I can afford to cancel them. Increases my odds of matching. I have met people on the trail who have 16 and 18 scheduled but they talk of cancelling them.
It is wearing me out though and is expensive. Especially since I know where I want to go, know I just compare every place to them.
I have met lots of interesting people and have really enjoyed getting to talk with the other candidates. None of my classmates are applying to neuro so it is fun to talk with other people who are. I have seen some amazing things. Like when we are specifically asked to wear a coat and tie to dinner and not to wear jeans or tennis shoes and a candidate shows up in jeans and tennis shoes and admits to having gotten the email. It is fun to observe some of the applicants. :laugh:

9 neuro interviews total+4 prelims set up so far (most of the neuro programs I'm going to are combined...hope I don't have to scramble for that internship)