How many interviews is a safe number? Anybody match with just a few?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Lactated Ringer

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dear Gaseous Sirs and Ma'ams,

I was a little slow off the starting line with my applications. So far I have only SIX interview invites.

Can anyone out there give me a little confidence that I will match with only six interviews?

I am a little intimidated by the studs on this forum with twenty interviews+

Good luck to everyone 🙂
 
Lactated Ringer said:
Dear Gaseous Sirs and Ma'ams,

I was a little slow off the starting line with my applications. So far I have only SIX interview invites.

Can anyone out there give me a little confidence that I will match with only six interviews?

I am a little intimidated by the studs on this forum with twenty interviews+

Good luck to everyone 🙂

I was told by some residents that 85% of people match into their top 3 choices and 90% of people match into their top 4 choices. Therefore if you rank all 6 places, it would seem that your chances of matching are well above 90%. Probably >95%... the 95% is just a guess tho...
Of course it will also depend on the competitiveness of the programs you are ranking...
 
Whew!
This thread put my mind at ease a little too.
I was late getting applications out too, and I still havn't heard anything from over 10 programs. 😕 Wait list is far better than the dreaded reject list.