How many interviews to do?

Started by dadr
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dadr

New Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Unfortunately my call schedule is not so favorable in February-March. I am wondering whether I can afford to cancel interviews if I don't have enough time. So far I have 7 interviews all in different areas, which probably require 2 days each with travel time, and still have 28 programs to hear from. How many cards interviews do folks do on average in order to feel "comfortable" for the match? I feel very fortunate to have these interviews but I just can't take as much time off as I did in fourth year of med school.