10+posts
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 30, 2005
Chapel Hill, NC
Status
Pre-Dental
i for one, am.

i feel little nervous as of right now and thinking about walking across the street to the admission office and shout "PICK ME!!!!!"

packbacker

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 27, 2003
Chapel Hill, NC
Visit site
Status
Add me to the list. There were a TON of highly qualified candidates at the Nov 19 interview session. If that's any indication of the level of competition in the rest of the sessions, I don't envy the task that the adcom has tomorrow.
From what I remember, last year they called accepted candidates in the early afternoon on the day of the adcom meeting. Hopefully we'll all hear something tomorrow. Good luck!

About the Ads

twofast2s

10+posts
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 30, 2005
Chapel Hill, NC
Status
Pre-Dental
packbacker said:
Add me to the list. There were a TON of highly qualified candidates at the Nov 19 interview session. If that's any indication of the level of competition in the rest of the sessions, I don't envy the task that the adcom has tomorrow.
From what I remember, last year they called accepted candidates in the early afternoon on the day of the adcom meeting. Hopefully we'll all hear something tomorrow. Good luck!

i see that you live in chapel hill, are you still in school?
what graduate department are you in?

gluck!

packbacker

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 27, 2003
Chapel Hill, NC
Visit site
Status
Nope, not in school and haven't been in school full-time for 7 years. I was that 'old guy' at the interview sessions who was spinning the non-traditional angle. :D

twofast2s said:
i see that you live in chapel hill, are you still in school?
what graduate department are you in?

gluck!

goeagles04

10+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2005
Status
Pre-Dental
packbacker said:
Nope, not in school and haven't been in school full-time for 7 years. I was that 'old guy' at the interview sessions who was spinning the non-traditional angle. :D

I am also waiting. This is my second time around so I am feeling pretty anxious right now. Good luck to everyone tomorrow.

adr12

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2005
NC
Status
Dental Student
Add me to the list anxiously awaiting and hoping for a phone call!

Spelmangyrl

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Status
Waiting seems to be the name of the game this year. Add me to the list. Good luck to you all. Hopefully all of our names will be added to the Official Acceptance Thread :)

Kniles5

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2005
SC
Status
Pre-Dental
packbacker said:
Woah, just answered my own question. I got the call from UNC at around 2:10PM EST! Woohoo!
CONGRATS!!!

swanlake

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 29, 2005
Status
Pre-Dental
I received a phone call from UNC today @ 2:45pm EST
(I'm an out-of-state applicant!!!!!! yeah~~ ;) )

They said that they had a meeting this morning, and calling applicants as soon as they can. I'm sure all of you guys will hear good news pretty soon.

Joeybag

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2005
Status
im nervous too, an in stater reapplicant. Congrats on those accepted. I hope they remember me from way back Oct 1st interview, :scared: wonder if they're still calling?

jpollei

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2004
NC
Status
Joeybag said:
im nervous too, an in stater reapplicant. Congrats on those accepted. I hope they remember me from way back Oct 1st interview, :scared: wonder if they're still calling?
Probably will be calling most of the afternoon, and sending letter out as well. Good luck y'all.

TX Hopeful

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2004
Status
jpollei said:
Probably will be calling most of the afternoon, and sending letter out as well. Good luck y'all.
Did all the calls go out today, or did you possibly...just possibly leave some calls for Thursday the 8th?

jpollei

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2004
NC
Status
TX Hopeful said:
Did all the calls go out today, or did you possibly...just possibly leave some calls for Thursday the 8th?
Can't say. I imagine any that mightn've goine out yesterday will this morning, though.

About the Ads