how many of you are waiting to hear from UNC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

twofast2s

10+posts
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i for one, am.

i feel little nervous as of right now and thinking about walking across the street to the admission office and shout "PICK ME!!!!!"

Members don't see this ad.

Add me to the list. There were a TON of highly qualified candidates at the Nov 19 interview session. If that's any indication of the level of competition in the rest of the sessions, I don't envy the task that the adcom has tomorrow.
From what I remember, last year they called accepted candidates in the early afternoon on the day of the adcom meeting. Hopefully we'll all hear something tomorrow. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
packbacker said:
Add me to the list. There were a TON of highly qualified candidates at the Nov 19 interview session. If that's any indication of the level of competition in the rest of the sessions, I don't envy the task that the adcom has tomorrow.
From what I remember, last year they called accepted candidates in the early afternoon on the day of the adcom meeting. Hopefully we'll all hear something tomorrow. Good luck!

i see that you live in chapel hill, are you still in school?
what graduate department are you in?

gluck!

Nope, not in school and haven't been in school full-time for 7 years. I was that 'old guy' at the interview sessions who was spinning the non-traditional angle. :D

twofast2s said:
i see that you live in chapel hill, are you still in school?
what graduate department are you in?

gluck!

packbacker said:
Nope, not in school and haven't been in school full-time for 7 years. I was that 'old guy' at the interview sessions who was spinning the non-traditional angle. :D

I am also waiting. This is my second time around so I am feeling pretty anxious right now. Good luck to everyone tomorrow.

Add me to the list anxiously awaiting and hoping for a phone call!

Waiting seems to be the name of the game this year. Add me to the list. Good luck to you all. Hopefully all of our names will be added to the Official Acceptance Thread :)

Woah, just answered my own question. I got the call from UNC at around 2:10PM EST! Woohoo!

congrats!!
i still haven't got any news yet :oops:

packbacker said:
Woah, just answered my own question. I got the call from UNC at around 2:10PM EST! Woohoo!

CONGRATS!!!

I received a phone call from UNC today @ 2:45pm EST
(I'm an out-of-state applicant!!!!!! yeah~~ ;) )

They said that they had a meeting this morning, and calling applicants as soon as they can. I'm sure all of you guys will hear good news pretty soon.

im nervous too, an in stater reapplicant. Congrats on those accepted. I hope they remember me from way back Oct 1st interview, :scared: wonder if they're still calling?

Joeybag said:
im nervous too, an in stater reapplicant. Congrats on those accepted. I hope they remember me from way back Oct 1st interview, :scared: wonder if they're still calling?

Probably will be calling most of the afternoon, and sending letter out as well. Good luck y'all.

jpollei said:
Probably will be calling most of the afternoon, and sending letter out as well. Good luck y'all.

Did all the calls go out today, or did you possibly...just possibly leave some calls for Thursday the 8th?

TX Hopeful said:
Did all the calls go out today, or did you possibly...just possibly leave some calls for Thursday the 8th?

Can't say. I imagine any that mightn've goine out yesterday will this morning, though.