How many of you guys...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

priyanka

Neuro-tic
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Read "The Economist" religiously?

Like almost every issue?

If yes, Why? If No, why not?

Members don't see this ad.

priyanka said:

Like almost every issue?

No, because its too expensive.

I do read it occasionally at the bookstore or library, but I am not shelling out that kind of cash for a magazine. Its nothing you can't find online.

no because it has nothing to do with SDN...hahaha

Members don't see this ad :)
virilep said:
no because it has nothing to do with SDN...hahaha

There's an article on "SDN" in the current issue. :laugh: I bet you're already on your toes for the closest library/bookstore. :laugh:

j/k ;)

pri :love: hmm. never read the economist. but i wanted to say hi :D

i use to read it regularly when i was studying for the mcat. My roomate paid for it and would let me read it. Guju pride :laugh:

hmmm...interesting.... pri and tink... hmmm....

tinkerbelle said:
pri :love: hmm. never read the economist. but i wanted to say hi :D

Tttttttttttiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkksssssssssss :love: :love: :love:

Feels like a decade since we talked. Well spring break is almost here! :D ALMOST.. :luck:

not just the economist, but the new yorker too! I would suggest going on ebay to get a subscription; its cheap.

Looking at all the replies, I just realized that this is yet another "desi get together" :laugh: :p

Haybrant said:
not just the economist, but the new yorker too! I would suggest going on ebay to get a subscription; its cheap.

My roommate subscribed to the New Yorker to help with the MCAT. I couldn't stand reading the articles in there, a great deal about shopping, dining, and art. Though I did find some interesting articles in there. Does Atul Gawande still write for them?

I read the Economist religiously just because I like being on top of things, but then again, I get it for free because my school gets it electronically.

priyanka said:
Looking at all the replies, I just realized that this is yet another "desi get together" :laugh: :p

we do sum economicz down by the coast too...puttin a shot out to all my desi's keepin it crunk out on da southcoast and up at da 607, holla!
l
l
l
l
V

n27406262_2668.jpg

Where My Telugu'z At??? :luck:

I have better things to do. It is free at the library. Why bother reading that when I have a ****load of crap to read normally

Because being knowledgeable about world events is always a good thing. It doesn't take the long, they run down the world headlines pretty quickly.

priyanka said:

Like almost every issue?

It's boring. We like medicine, not business.

priyanka said:

Like almost every issue?

I like to get my news from more reliable (and more importantly) free sources, such as the internet. :laugh:

OSUdoc08 said:
It's boring. We like medicine, not business.

It actually has very little to do with business. It does focus on the economy (which is related to business, but not the same thing) but does a wonderful job of also talking about world politics, law, technology, the environment, etc.

Agreed, I like it and read it occassionally. But I was an econ major back in the day.

Code Brown said:
It actually has very little to do with business. It does focus on the economy (which is related to business, but not the same thing) but does a wonderful job of also talking about world politics, law, technology, the environment, etc.

I also agree. I like the Economist because it does a good job of covering things that happen internationally, and it's a lot more engaging than something like Time magazine. It's just too damn expensive and you don't get it free online.