How many questions of UW can you do in a day?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

watermen

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many questions of UW can you do in a day?

Members don't see this ad.

I think it really depends on how well you go over the questions after the exam. I am doing 46 question blocks and it takes me about an hour -sometimes longer to correct the exam and take notes on HY points. I was initially doing about 4 blocks a day....but now i'm really starting to get worn out --and dread correcting -- so my breaks in b/w are lasting a bit longer than they used to... and so now i'm cutting back to three blocks a day with light reviewing to break up my day!

I am doing 3-4 depending on how quickly the reviewing goes. I am also doing some on tutor mode which makes the review go a bit quicker. When I do 4, that is all I usually do for the day. I am too brain dead to read or review. i really think 4 is the limit to stay productive.

After finishing UWorld, I started on Qbank. I finished Qbank in about 5.3 days...I did between 400-500 questions a day. It would have been pointless to read every explanation in detail, I concentrated on questions I missed and why I was missing them.

500 q's in one day is my record...

Members don't see this ad :)
After finishing UWorld, I started on Qbank. I finished Qbank in about 5.3 days...I did between 400-500 questions a day. It would have been pointless to read every explanation in detail, I concentrated on questions I missed and why I was missing them.

500 q's in one day is my record...

Have you taken your exam yet?? and if so how helpful do you think it was to do Qbank.....I'm almost finished with World and I'm wondering if i should do some Qbank as well.....??

i average about 92 questions a day. i expect to go into the exam tomorrow and come out of the testing center next tuesday hahahah....

Have you taken your exam yet?? and if so how helpful do you think it was to do Qbank.....I'm almost finished with World and I'm wondering if i should do some Qbank as well.....??

I thought QBank was "good," not "great." I didn't necessarily see "verbatim" questions on the step, however, I actually learned some new stuff while working the questions. Apparently Kaplan is feeling the heat from UWorld...> 50% of their questions say "fresh question" and they also have ~ 50 short powerpoint lectures on commonly missed topics.

Several of my classmates worked Qbank for the shelf exams then worked UWorld the couple of weeks we had to study for Step 2. The ones I talked to friggin' rocked the shelf exams...

I recommend the above approach, or UWorld followed by Qbank if you have the time and money (Qbank 30 days for ~ $115).