How many schools did/will you apply to?

Started by GAgirl85
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Purdue, and I know some people will want to give me flak for saying it, but it is absolutely true. The administration makes no bones about it.

I only asked because I feel the same way about my IS. My state cut their IS seats back by about half. Even though I have an IS school, I almost feel like I don't.
 
Our school has had a major cut in funding so I wonder if Purdue suffered even more. A&M's response was to raise tuition by $16,000 for the class of 2016.

Anyhow, I applied to 8 schools and got 5 acceptances, so it's expensive but can work out.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I only asked because I feel the same way about my IS. My state cut their IS seats back by about half. Even though I have an IS school, I almost feel like I don't.

On a bad day I get really irritated at the unfairness of how seats are allocated. If I were a Georgian resident I would have much better chances than as a PA resident since their class is 99% IS. Yes, their tax dollars pay for that privilege... but I don't get a whole lot of say into how my tax dollars are spent!

My parents are relocating to GA this year... just as they will stop claiming me as a dependent! So, no state residency change for me 🙁
 
At least you guys are *allowed* to apply to your out of state schools. In Canada you only have the option to apply to the school where you are a resident, and you're not even allowed to apply for an international seat. So if you haven't been fortunate enough to live in other provinces as a resident, then its one school or abroad for us.