How many schools did/will you apply too?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
40 M.D.
7 D.O.

Crazy..i know...but this is my second time applying and I reaaalllyy don't want to go through all this again...haha had to save up for awhile to afford all of them though
Dang dude.:eek: What's your stats?

Members don't see this ad.

3.7, 33, good ec's, unique work experience....pretty sure i just screwed up my interviews last cycle or something cuz i had 6 and got waitlisted at 4 so at least i kind of have an idea of what I need to fix for this time around

....oh yeah and I'm from ca so that could have been a factor lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Last cycle: 25 (withdrew from 2)
This cycle: 36. I *NEVER* want to do this for a third time so I'm casting a really big net. :p

Last cycle: 25 (withdrew from 2)
This cycle: 36. I *NEVER* want to do this for a third time so I'm casting a really big net. :p

Your school list is kind of top-heavy again and filled with schools that have low OOS acceptance rates, IMO. Best of luck to you though, gotta experience tough times to appreciate the great ones.

None of my schools have less than a 20% OOS matriculating class and only 8/36 have MCATs of 34 or higher. Leaving 28 with MCATs well within reach :p and my GPA is in every school's 90th percentile. And although I don't claim residency in NY, I went to undergrad there which may count for something for those NY schools.

And you never know. I was waitlisted at Duke last cycle so it never hurts to dream big.

I mean, if you have suggestions, I'm ears by all means. I'm already applying to all of the newer schools (FAU, Hofstra, Oakland etc).

26. Cali resident.

Like many others, I'd rather cast a wide net and do this ONCE :luck:

initially applied to 31. late july I ended up adding 10 more.

so looking at about a total of 41 schools. I have ~34ish secondaries completed

Very expensive process, very thankful that I found a job after graduating in june, or else... :O

I've got FAP too

Fap+turbo.jpg

must
not
fap

8 md 4 do
crossing my fingers for 1 acceptance thats as much as anyone needs!

It depends on how competitive you are and how much money you want to spend.

If you have mediocre GPA/MCAT, no research or few leadership/volunteer experiences, generic LORs only, or from a less known school, then you want to go for a wider net.

Generally aim about 30-40 schools if you are not competitive. Beyond that, you just can't complete that many secondaries in time with good quality. And too many schools to keep track.
Your net can be smaller (10-20) if you decide not to apply to any reach schools.
Your net can be smaller (10-20) if you think you are almost guaranteed at your state school.
Apply broadly and pay attention to statistics on each school in the AMCAS book and also statistics from your school (where people end up).

And yes, DO THIS ONCE! It will keep you sane.

15 MD, Canadian :S (applied in Canada last year, only one interview...America is my wider net :p)

8 do

38 md

I have lower than average stats....

And I thought I was going to get a 27 on my MCAT based on my practice test. Applied 6/13 before I knew my scores on 6/21

40 MD (34 completed secondaries) 3 DO this cycle. Just added the DO schools though due to nice advice by fellow SDNers