You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
How many schools did you apply to?
Started by unicorn06
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
unicorn06 said:How many schools did you apply to? Just curious...
Note, this poll is referring to primary AMCAS, but you can also include how many secondaries you sent in as part of the thread...
I applied to 2... that wasn't an option above
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
unicorn06 said:3- is an option for 2. That means 3 or less...
Should've been 0-3.
16 on my AMCAS, did 13 secondaries
listing single numbers for 11-17 is dumb. Data overload. If you want a more readable histogram then still space out those middle numbers in groups of 3, i.e., 11-13 and 14-16, and yes you won't get as good of resolution but you'll get a better idea of the overall picture, while yes once you get to the outlying region you can make the bins bigger.
What kind of scientist are you?
. just kidding 
What kind of scientist are you?

Should have been public. I want to see who the two poor souls are applying to 56+. They need a charity fund started in their name.
I did 19, and it was too much.
I wonder if any in the 40+ range only got one or two acceptances- meaning that the extra apps were justified, and not superfluous (because they got multiple extra acceptances) or hopeless (because they got none at all).
I wonder if any in the 40+ range only got one or two acceptances- meaning that the extra apps were justified, and not superfluous (because they got multiple extra acceptances) or hopeless (because they got none at all).
DarkFark said:I did 19, and it was too much.
I wonder if any in the 40+ range only got one or two acceptances- meaning that the extra apps were justified, and not superfluous (because they got multiple extra acceptances) or hopeless (because they got none at all).
same here... 19 w/ 15 secondary and 7 interviews so far ... hopefully more soon

19 Schools (What I did!)nev said:Just asking....but approximately how much would it cost for applying to 19 med schools?
AMCAS = $690 ($150 for the 1st, $30/each additional school)
2ºs: at an average of $80/2º = $1520 (But I'm not submitting all 19 of those.)
This doesn't include LORs, etc.
56 schools? Yeah, right.
Counting allopathic and osteopathic, it'll be 12 schools (6 allo, 6 osteo).
I listed single numbers for those categories because I thought the majority of applicants would be in those categories and wanted to get some resolution. I wasn't trying to make the "perfect histogram". As an intelligent med school applicant, you should be able to add up the middle categories to imagine what the histogram would look like if the categories were all the same size...
However, that said, it looks like I was wrong and that there aren't a whole lot more people in these middle categories...
However, that said, it looks like I was wrong and that there aren't a whole lot more people in these middle categories...
SeventhSon said:listing single numbers for 11-17 is dumb. Data overload. If you want a more readable histogram then still space out those middle numbers in groups of 3, i.e., 11-13 and 14-16, and yes you won't get as good of resolution but you'll get a better idea of the overall picture, while yes once you get to the outlying region you can make the bins bigger.
What kind of scientist are you?. just kidding
![]()
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Applied to 9 on amcas...did 7 secondaries.
Not doing one of the secondaries and the other I withdrew from after the interview invite because I don't want to go there anymore.
Even then that's expensive enough already...
Not doing one of the secondaries and the other I withdrew from after the interview invite because I don't want to go there anymore.
Even then that's expensive enough already...
Similar threads
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 5
- Views
- 5K
- Replies
- 9
- Views
- 1K