• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

How many schools did you apply to?

How many schools did you apply to?

• 3-

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • 4-6

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • 7-9

Votes: 13 7.9%

Votes: 12 7.3%

Votes: 8 4.8%

Votes: 9 5.5%

Votes: 6 3.6%

Votes: 5 3.0%

Votes: 11 6.7%

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • 17-20

Votes: 27 16.4%
  • 21-25

Votes: 20 12.1%
  • 26-35

Votes: 22 13.3%
  • 36-45

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • 46-55

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • 56+

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters

unicorn06

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 2, 2005
    How many schools did you apply to? Just curious...
    Note, this poll is referring to primary AMCAS, but you can also include how many secondaries you sent in as part of the thread...

About the Ads

SeventhSon

SIMMER DOWN
    10+ Year Member
    7+ Year Member
    Aug 23, 2005
    San Diego
    1. MD/PhD Student
      listing single numbers for 11-17 is dumb. Data overload. If you want a more readable histogram then still space out those middle numbers in groups of 3, i.e., 11-13 and 14-16, and yes you won't get as good of resolution but you'll get a better idea of the overall picture, while yes once you get to the outlying region you can make the bins bigger.

What kind of scientist are you? :smuggrin: . just kidding :laugh:

DarkFark

10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Feb 5, 2005
      1. Medical Student
        I did 19, and it was too much.

I wonder if any in the 40+ range only got one or two acceptances- meaning that the extra apps were justified, and not superfluous (because they got multiple extra acceptances) or hopeless (because they got none at all).

BMW M3

10+ Year Member
        5+ Year Member
        Oct 19, 2005
          DarkFark said:
          I did 19, and it was too much.

I wonder if any in the 40+ range only got one or two acceptances- meaning that the extra apps were justified, and not superfluous (because they got multiple extra acceptances) or hopeless (because they got none at all).

same here... 19 w/ 15 secondary and 7 interviews so far ... hopefully more soon :luck:

jebus

Membership Revoked
          Removed
          10+ Year Member
          5+ Year Member
          Aug 22, 2005
            nev said:
            Just asking....but approximately how much would it cost for applying to 19 med schools?
            19 Schools (What I did!)
            AMCAS = $690 ($150 for the 1st, $30/each additional school)
            2ºs: at an average of $80/2º = $1520 (But I'm not submitting all 19 of those.)
            This doesn't include LORs, etc.
            56 schools? Yeah, right.

unicorn06

10+ Year Member
            5+ Year Member
            Oct 2, 2005
              I listed single numbers for those categories because I thought the majority of applicants would be in those categories and wanted to get some resolution. I wasn't trying to make the "perfect histogram". As an intelligent med school applicant, you should be able to add up the middle categories to imagine what the histogram would look like if the categories were all the same size...

However, that said, it looks like I was wrong and that there aren't a whole lot more people in these middle categories...

SeventhSon said:
              listing single numbers for 11-17 is dumb. Data overload. If you want a more readable histogram then still space out those middle numbers in groups of 3, i.e., 11-13 and 14-16, and yes you won't get as good of resolution but you'll get a better idea of the overall picture, while yes once you get to the outlying region you can make the bins bigger.

What kind of scientist are you? :smuggrin: . just kidding :laugh:

Hurricane95

10+ Year Member
              5+ Year Member
              Jun 18, 2005
              Miami, FL
              1. Resident [Any Field]
                Applied to 9 on amcas...did 7 secondaries.

Not doing one of the secondaries and the other I withdrew from after the interview invite because I don't want to go there anymore.

Even then that's expensive enough already...

About the Ads
                This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                7. This thread is locked.