How Many Schools to Apply To?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DPTApplicant4

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone,
I have filled out a bunch of applications due to just taking my GRE today and not wanting to wait until after I completed the exam. I previously had a 145V, 151Q, and 4.5AW, and a 3.84 GPA as well. After today I now raised my GRE to a 151V, 156Q, and am waiting on my analytical writing score. With a 3.84 GPA, and a 307 GRE, how many schools do you think I should apply to? I am from Ohio so there are plenty of schools to choose from and I was considering a few elsewhere. Thanks!
 
With your high GPA and solid GRE, I think 4 to 5 schools would be a safe amount, as long as your interviews go well.

According to data from PTCAS for 2016 - 2017, the average number of schools applied to per applicant was around 6. But your stats are above average, so no need to waste time/money if you feel confident about your application.
 
I would stick to the state schools in Ohio. I believe there are 9 programs total, but I'm not sure how many state schools there are specifically. You have a good chance and tuition for those programs are great.