how many schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

make you smile

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So the application season is well under way.........How many dental schools are you applying to, this application cycle of 2011-2012?

I shall start.......I am applying to five. Please give your inputs too.

Members don't see this ad.

32 views and no inputs! Com' on guys! I am not even asking you which schools you applied to. What have you got to lose?

If you don't see my thread that's fine, but if you see it and don't answer,then you wont get admission. :p :laugh:

lol.. I wasnt planning to reply ..but your last line made me , rather forced e me to.. so i ll have to count ...i think around 6 ... thats the count... +1 -1 rule applies..lol...
32 views and no inputs! Com' on guys! I am not even asking you which schools you applied to. What have you got to lose?

If you don't see my thread that's fine, but if you see it and don't answer,then you wont get admission. :p :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)

Hi make you smile,

I applied to 3 universities.Let's see what happens!

omg! u r scaring me :) well am applying to 7 schools but there is a lot of misplaced documents. So not sure how many schools gonna review my app.

Thank you guys! I was concerned if my number of schools were less.I have heard people apply to 10-12 schools in one application cycle.Of course more inputs would be welcome.

Like Bhavi said, I'm replying 'coz of the last line ..lol!! 3 for now,may be 3 more open for later.

7. I was thinking to apply to UMDNJ too. But that school has started inviting people before their November deadline. Don't know what to do :(
And their application fees is also high!

7. I was thinking to apply to UMDNJ too. But that school has started inviting people before their November deadline. Don't know what to do :(
And their application fees is also high!

how do u know that UMDNJ started inviting people for interview or bench test?

I think Dingash is leading the lot with 10 schools ..lol.. and "make you smile" your threat worked... ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
i just came to know that someone scored 98 in part 1 last month .. :O ... thats one seat booked for sure ... :O .. lol.... i thought scoring above 95 wasnt possible anymore... well someone proved that assumption wrong... :rolleyes:

i just came to know that someone scored 98 in part 1 last month .. :O ... thats one seat booked for sure ... :O .. lol.... i thought scoring above 95 wasnt possible anymore... well someone proved that assumption wrong... :rolleyes:

Thank you guys! Looks like one seat is booked for sure! Good luck to everyone!

i applied 3 schools through CAAPID and 4 schools through PASS...

@bhavi...that's a super crazy score!!!!!!
i heard there are hardly any 90's this year..correct me if i am wrong...
the number 98 is too much to handle:eek:....congos to whoever this person is :))

lolllllll......i swear i would never leave the thread after seeing the last line without posting the answer!!!!

I've applied to nine so far. I may apply to more later on. :)

I applied to 8 schools.i want to stay on East cost so beside east cost schools i only applied to UOP and usc, did not apply to ucsf and ucla( as i was running short of time) I hope i am not making a mistake:confused:
i have not taken part 2 yet, part1 score 90, toefl 103.GPA 3.26 .

I applied to 8 schools.i want to stay on East cost so beside east cost schools i only applied to UOP and usc, did not apply to ucsf and ucla( as i was running short of time) I hope i am not making a mistake:confused:
i have not taken part 2 yet, part1 score 90, toefl 103.GPA 3.26 .

You have excellent stats! Don't worry.

@bhavi4all n nbdeaspirant1....98!! dats amazing...congrats to dat lucky chap...n ya even i hv heard less of 90s dis year....jst hoping v all get-in smewhere dis yr itself ...fingers crossed...i am applying to 6 schools...+1 or +2 for those with later deadlines...

Yeah .. even my jaw touched floor, listening to this..lol .He is my friend's cousin ..The maximum score i knew before this , for this year was 94-95..
@bhavi...that's a super crazy score!!!!!!
i heard there are hardly any 90's this year..correct me if i am wrong...
the number 98 is too much to handle:eek:....congos to whoever this person is :))

i ve applied to 6 schools thru caapid, but will miss on the deadlines, so left with 3 :(

Actually I came to know of someone who got 97 in NBDE part 1 and was not accepted in BU last year.The general impression is that BU looks for high scores.That person is re-applying this year.

Last edited:
i have applied to 13 school with CAAPID, and 2 schools directly

i read one post on this forum from a person who scored 99 in june 201:laugh::rolleyes:.

3 for now and planning to apply to 4 more in coming mnths. gud luck to all:))

6 for now:) will apply to more schools in the coming months!!!

applied 2.

I am struggling if I should apply more.

Maybe 7 till the end off app process.

eeekk...after the last line I had to reply!
I haven't applied yet but I will be applying to 4-5 !
Fingers crossedddd!!:xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf: