Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

How many scripts...

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by freshbeatschris, Dec 3, 2005.

1. freshbeatschris

freshbeatschris New Phuture
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    ...do those of you working in retail do in a typical day?

Chris

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. calrx

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    When I worked at Wegmans Pharmacy we would process around 500+/day.
    At Kinney Drugs we did only like 250/day.

3. dgroulx

dgroulx Night Pharmacist
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I only work during the summer. My Walgreens did about 500 per day, but that's the off-season. It picks up after Thanksgiving when the snowbirds come to Florida for the winter.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. bananaface

bananaface Pharmacy Supernerd
    Pharmacist Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Verified Account 10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    My store does 250 with 2 pharmacists and 2-3 techs, 9am-9pm. I used to work a 400 script store 9am-6pm that ran off the same staffing.

5. ndearwater

ndearwater SDN Donor
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    About 100-120 per day with 1 pharmacist and 1 tech for about 7-8 hours of the full 12 hour day.

6. freshbeatschris

5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Holy Cow! Okay, that kind of confirms my suspicions then. I work at Walgreens and we do absolutely no less than 600 a day and lately have been doing 750 and up. We have ONE pharmacist that works at any given time and between 2 to 6 techs depending on shift changes and breaks.

It is pure chaos and there is NO patient care and it is NOT for me. Not this setting, not like this, this is not why I'm getting into pharmacy.

7. bananaface

Pharmacist
    Yeah. Wags bites. I like to call it "corporately bastardized pharmacy". Did you like the video about how women should wear makeup to work? I almost walked out during that.

8. ndearwater

ndearwater SDN Donor
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Oh my god you're kidding! The video said women should wear makeup? How did they pull that one off with a straight face? I happen to wear makeup pretty much everyday but I would never work at Walgreens if I saw that video! I don't think I could bring myself to accept that! Unbelievable!!!

9. dgroulx

dgroulx Night Pharmacist
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    They didn't show us that one at corporate headquarters during intern meetings. Where did you see it? Was it at the store?

None of the pharmacists I worked with wore makeup.

10. SomeGuy

SomeGuy Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Wow, you'd think they'd at least purposely fill up on cheap drugs before they came so they can last until the new year.

11. bananaface

Pharmacist
    Yes, it was at the store. It was part of some video about how it is important to have a professional appearance.

12. b*rizzle

b*rizzle Master of Useless Info
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I work at a new pharmacy in a Super Target.

We do ~50 a day. :rolleyes:

My old Eckerd did 150-200 when I left. I went back to visit a few weeks ago and their volume was up to ~250-275 a day. At most, you'd have 1 pharmacist and 2 techs there. They've had a lot of turnover in tech help recently.

13. dgroulx

dgroulx Night Pharmacist
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Ugh! I hate makeup. Did the video seem dated? That really seems sexist.

14. jlpolla

jlpolla Member
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I work at Walgreen's pharmacy in Minneapolis, MN. We do 400-500 on weekends, 600+ on weekdays. We usually have 3 pharmacists weekdays during the daytime and 9-10 techs in one day.

15. pharmagirl

5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    My store does around 450 from 9-9 with 2 pharmacists throughout the day and at least 2-4 techs at any one time.

16. bananaface

Pharmacist
    It was made in the early 90s I believe.

17. imperial frog

imperial frog Pharm.D
    5+ Year Member

Was it "how women should wear makeup" as in they should wear makeup, or as in what makeup is appropriate to wear to work? I've seen some pretty horrendous makeup jobs that have no place in public let alone in a business setting.

18. imperial frog

imperial frog Pharm.D
    5+ Year Member

Oh, and at my Wags we do about 200 scripts a day (8am-10pm) with primarily 1 pharmacist and 1 tech. There is a little overlap of techs from about 2-6 but mostly the second tech spends that time catching up on inventory or taking care of other business.

19. bananaface

Pharmacist
    The former. They were all about how women should wear makeup because it provides a well kept and professional appearance. I'm going to work in about 10 minutes with no makeup on. Not at Wags, though. :D

20. Sosumi

Sosumi Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I work at Rite-Aid, and we do 150-200/day Monday to Friday from 9 to 6 with 1 pharmacist and 2 technicians. On Saturdays we do about 100/day from 9 to 5 with the pharmacist and me. It's a steady flow unless the technicians call out.

We work in an underserved area, so we're always asked a lot of medical advice. There's plenty of opportunities for counseling, interventions, and recommendations. I like it because the patients usually respect what you have to say. I've definitely learned more and been able to use what I learn in pharmacy school much more often than at my community pharmacy rotations.

21. rxlynn

rxlynn Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    24 hours CVS store - right now we are doing around 350 on M, Tu, F and maybe 275-280 on W, TH - about 160 or so on weekends. That is with one pharmacist at a time, and usually 2 to 3 technicians (we have at least 1 tech from 8:30 am - 10 pm). I know that those numbers vary A LOT just in our district - seems like a lot depends on store location.

22. Shovingit

Shovingit well, well, well
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I've worked at two locations of Kroger Pharmacies. One store was in Metro-Atlanta, and we filled about 200 on a busy day, 120 on a slow day. The other store is in rural Georgia, and it was very new when I worked there. We filled about 50 on a busy day, 10 on a slow one. For me the metro-atl store was a very nice pace, we had 1 RPh and 1-2 techs. The other store was 1 RPh and 0-1 techs, and it was excruciating. Painfully slow. Not to mention the average client was much less... sophisticated (trying to be nice). The only plus side to the slow store was the massive increase in mullet spottage, that kept me entertained.

23. Smilescali

Smilescali Almost there...
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Wow. I thought I was getting away from the makeup police in pharmacy. When I was in flight attendant school we had entire classes on how we were to apply makeup and do our hair. :eek: It was mandatory that we follow their guidelines (that is until we were off probation 6 months later, then we just did what ever the heck we wanted :laugh: )

24. freshbeatschris

5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Thanks again everyone for your input
    Chris