How Many Secondaries Have you completed/in process of completing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How Many Secondaries Have You Finished Or Started?

Votes: 11 15.7%

Votes: 3 4.3%

Votes: 8 11.4%

Votes: 7 10.0%

Votes: 6 8.6%

Votes: 4 5.7%

Votes: 2 2.9%

Votes: 9 12.9%

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • 13+

Votes: 6 8.6%

• Total voters

braluk

SDN Surgerynator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many do you have done or in the process of submitting? I have 11 in my posession and finished about half. Just waiting for stupid verification. Luckily I have my SDN bros and sisters to help provide secondary resources :D

Members don't see this ad.

braluk said:
How many do you have done or in the process of submitting? I have 11 in my posession and finished about half. Just waiting for stupid verification. Luckily I have my SDN bros and sisters to help provide secondary resources :D

i have about 10 secondaries but have not done any.....i am still waiting for my rec letters....should i submit the secondary before the letters are ready, or wait until the letters are ready then send the secondaries.....help me!

call the school and ask. some you can submit early (like GW) others do not want you to send it before the primary arrives (AECOM)

Members don't see this ad :)
4 done, 3 working - almost done, waiting to hear from 4 more. 3 are screens for out of state - so I may not get that many.

braluk said:
call the school and ask. some you can submit early (like GW) others do not want you to send it before the primary arrives (AECOM)

no, i have sent my primary already and its verified, but secondaries ask for soem essays, payment, and recomend letters........i however am still waiting for the rec letters from professors........should i send the other items or wait until i have the letters and then send everything together?

oh no send everything as soon as you can. lor's are automatically uploaded online to an online courier anyway (alot of schools do this idk about wash u tho), and then once they are available, adcoms just pull the recs off the courier anyway. send eveyrthing as early as you can, dont wait til its all togehter.

:confused:
braluk said:
oh no send everything as soon as you can. lor's are automatically uploaded online to an online courier anyway (alot of schools do this idk about wash u tho), and then once they are available, adcoms just pull the recs off the courier anyway. send eveyrthing as early as you can, dont wait til its all togehter.

thanks you are a real help.......one more question though.....one professor wont have the letter ready until sept 10.....( he decided to go on a sabatical, and neglected to finish my letter, how nice! :mad: )...is that to late.....meaning will i be bypassed by interviews?.......

WOAH that is late. did you ask him late in the year or did you forget to remind him? I mean september isnt late, but seeing that you have your applciation ready now, it would be a real shame to waste an early application submission because of one late prof. Are you taking an August MCAT? If you are, then thats not so bad, because your app wont be reviewed until October anyways. But September 10th seems late given that you are ready to submit your stuff now. You dont have a committee composite letter?

i've been doing one or two secondaries a day. am i being too quick.. i mean how long should a typical secondary take? maybe im not doing a good enough job? when i get one i usually have it done by the following evening.. but i'm not really doing much else (two classes and volunteering). i feel like maybe im going to get a lot of post-secondary rejections due to not spending a bunch of time on them. how long on average are ppl spending on these?

MasterMD said:
i've been doing one or two secondaries a day. am i being too quick.. i mean how long should a typical secondary take? maybe im not doing a good enough job? when i get one i usually have it done by the following evening.. but i'm not really doing much else (two classes and volunteering). i feel like maybe im going to get a lot of post-secondary rejections due to not spending a bunch of time on them. how long on average are ppl spending on these?

ghost ride the whip! ghost ride the whip! lol..

i spent about half a day thinking, then the later half of the day writing something (usually takes like an hour). then the next morning i wake up, see if there's anything i wanan change, then submit that bad boy.

after a couple, the questions get very repetitive.

most arent that hard to do, some will inevitably require some research (such as why you want to come to my school, etc etc), and editing will be of course unavoidable. But I could probably be done with all my secondaries today if i wanted to, im just a lazy bastard ;)

braluk said:
WOAH that is late. did you ask him late in the year or did you forget to remind him? I mean september isnt late, but seeing that you have your applciation ready now, it would be a real shame to waste an early application submission because of one late prof. Are you taking an August MCAT? If you are, then thats not so bad, because your app wont be reviewed until October anyways. But September 10th seems late given that you are ready to submit your stuff now. You dont have a committee composite letter?

my school doesnt have a comittee (ucla) but they do offer a service that colllects all letters and then sends them to as many grad schools as you want......i did ask a little late....i know my fault...just wonderring if its enought to pack up my bags and just apply next year......i have a 4.0 science and 3.94 cumulative with 30 Q mcat......just wondering if i am too handicapped by the lateness.......since i already have gotten around10 seconda...

Members don't see this ad :)
damn. nice work whoever got the 13+

lol you have spectular stats. dont worry. you're not really that late at all. you might be lumped in with the majority of applicants (most of which dont use SDN or at least people who dont pay attention to the craze of the early submission :laugh: ) if you send in your secondaries now, you really wont be late at all, and all that will be left will be a simple rec that they can add to your file in september to be finished and ready for review. Sending later will just take longer to process since they have to wait til the check clears, then process, notify, put into the system, file away, etc, etc etc..

braluk said:
lol you have spectular stats. dont worry. you're not really that late at all. you might be lumped in with the majority of applicants (most of which dont use SDN or at least people who dont pay attention to the craze of the early submission :laugh: ) if you send in your secondaries now, you really wont be late at all, and all that will be left will be a simple rec that they can add to your file in september to be finished and ready for review. Sending later will just take longer to process since they have to wait til the check clears, then process, notify, put into the system, file away, etc, etc etc..

wow.....i guess i didnt think about that.....i figured that everyone was OCD like the rest of us about early submission....thanks for the great advice.....i guess i will submit now and let everything be verified except letters and just wait it out and hope for the best.......

ps. man, does anyone else think that they are getting an ULCER... :eek:

sounds like they went out earlier this year than last. I had only gotten Yale and MCW at this point last year. A lot of the others didn't arrive until the end of the month or the beginning of August.

yeah its funny.. i have a bunch of friends who are like going to submit amcas later this month and then another few who are still working on personal statements.... SDN is nutso!! :)

11 down 4 to go. I turn them in a few hours after getting them. At this point, the essays really can be recycled pretty easily, even if the questions aren't exactly the same. I'm beginning to worry maybe I shouildn't be turning them in quite so quickly, but when the writing flows, it flows. I've been lucky to have a nice stream of inspiration lately. Or I'm delusional and my essays don't make sense at all. Last night I told U of Maryland that entering a profession was like getting married. I'm sure it is...

MiesVanDerMom said:
11 down 4 to go. I turn them in a few hours after getting them. At this point, the essays really can be recycled pretty easily, even if the questions aren't exactly the same. I'm beginning to worry maybe I shouildn't be turning them in quite so quickly, but when the writing flows, it flows. I've been lucky to have a nice stream of inspiration lately. Or I'm delusional and my essays don't make sense at all. Last night I told U of Maryland that entering a profession was like getting married. I'm sure it is...
either that or getting a death sentence. In many respects, its all verisimilitude anyways ;)

MasterMD said:
yeah its funny.. i have a bunch of friends who are like going to submit amcas later this month and then another few who are still working on personal statements.... SDN is nutso!! :)
yeah, but those friends are gonna regret it

Lets see I have submitted 8 out of 16...so I am halfway done with secondaries.
I have started my 9th (UIC) and am eagerly checking the mail for Loyola...:)