How many textbooks should I use for anatomy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDApplicant88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im currently using moore's clinically oriented anatomy only. Should I also add another book to study for the anatomy course?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you're looking for anatomy textbooks, then Moore's Clinically Oriented Anatomy and BRS' Gross Anatomy are comprehensive and sufficient.
If you're looking for an atlas, then Netter's has been a very helpful guide with excellent, clear illustrations.

All the best!

Rohen's is awesome. Get a old cheap grants off ebay that you can use at your table and can throw away at the end of the year.

How many textbooks should I use for anatomy

Between zero and one.

You'll use the Netter a lot; Moore should fill in the gaps with any burning questions you have. It's not a very text-heavy subject, in my opinion.

I used Moore's but focused on the pictures and captions. If there were any gaps I'd consult the text itself. I didn't really like Netter's since a) the pictures are not as good, and b) there's no text at all to guide you. Reading through the text in Moore's is overkill.