How many threads could be avoided...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skiz knot

Legendary Dr. X
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
if people would just shell out 20 bucks for the MSAR (Medical School Admissions Requirements) published by AAMC?

Members don't see this ad.

skiz knot said:
if people would just shell out 20 bucks for the MSAR (Medical School Admissions Requirements) published by AAMC?

All of them.

Eraserhead said:
All of them.

I agree. I am applying this cycle as well and yes, it is nerve racking, but there is no crystal ball that will tell me anything. Thanks do go out to those that are giving out valuable advice, but with all the research and studying we do for courses, mcat, etc. can't some people find the necessary resources?? The U.S. News is $15 and you get mcat/gpa averages for many schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
No kidding and most of the questions can be answered if you go and and read the numerous pages at aamc.org about how to get in, what to expect...I see that many folks do NOT own this process albeit paying for it.

Actually the book is only 17.95 from AAMC.....or they could go to the library..... :thumbup:

thewzdoc said:
Actually the book is only 17.95 from AAMC.....or they could go to the library..... :thumbup:

I paid 27 at the UCI bookstore! It's no wonder that they are under review for their price gauging!!

or pple could just come here fo' free. why buy the cow??

Medikit said:
Can I buy this book at any local shop?

Yes and no.....very often they have last years available but there is a lag getting them to the outlets (it seems). Just go to AAMC and order it.

Mr. Rosewater said:
or pple could just come here fo' free. why buy the cow??

Because you will find that sometimes you think it?s a cow but you?re actually getting BULL?..

Spitting Camel said:
I paid 27 at the UCI bookstore! It's no wonder that they are under review for their price gauging!!

Wow...great way to make 10 bucks on every copy...... :thumbdown:

Spitting Camel said:

i think that is every UC, what especially used to piss me off (I like that past tense) was when i sold my books back they would give me like 10 percent of original value. Jackasses.

Eraserhead said:
All of them.

msar aside, at least half could be reduced by using the serch fn too :thumbup:

I disagree with this. I have the MSAR, but personally speaking, I like to ask for advice from others who have actually been through the process and have learned from experience. The MSAR is definitely a valuable resource, but it also helps to get feedback from people in similar situations as your own. That's just my two cents...

First of all - this isn't oil we're wasting here, it's a few lines on an internet forum - let's keep things in perspective.

Second of all - last night I came this close to throwing my MSAR away just for the cathartic value - and I COULDN'T DO IT! What is wrong with me.

Finally - this year's MSAR will contain my statistics. :D What an amazing feeling!

I can picture it...."This year's matriculating class at GWU shows exceptional promise for an outstanding future in medicine and their statistics are stellar - with the exception of one outlier who slightly skewed the class' averages...."

Brickhouse said:
I can picture it...."This year's matriculating class at GWU shows exceptional promise for an outstanding future in medicine and their statistics are stellar - with the exception of one outlier who slightly skewed the class' averages...."

Hahaha make that two outliers!! I am going to GW too (as of right now!) and my stats definitely give me outlier status :) hmmm....perhaps GW's statistics arent that exceptional :laugh: Just kidding, I think everyone there is so smart!!