How many times do you check your email each day?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jetjulia

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I check my email compulsively. Still waiting for interview invites from MSSM and Einstein. Waiting for an acceptance from CU...interviews next week at Drexel and Temple. Every day I think...maybe today's the day...I can't even get that psyched about emails from the new cutie I'm dating.

Members don't see this ad.

it is not time for me to get too excited about email but come March 15th my anxiety will be at maximum porportions

Members don't see this ad :)
Every minute

I have outlook explorer on auto and it downloads from the pop servers every minute.

wow - that's devotion. i think i have outlook set up to check every 15 min. it's always nice when it says "receiving mail" and then it's an interview invite.

Originally posted by Kashue
Every minute

I have outlook explorer on auto and it downloads from the pop servers every minute.

love your name -> dabenxiong

i am just not so sure about the "xiong" part :D

every 15 mins or so
no joke

so busy on sdn and work...i only have time to check it twice. :D

has anyone tried to set up their cell phone to text message you when you get a new hotmail email? I was thinking of doing that to cut down on my obsessive checking of email, but then i got scared off cause my friend said i would probably start getting 80 spam text messages a day and thats like a dime a message, 8 bucks a day, etc etc etc.

if youve tried it and have had no problems, let me know

I have my school email account forwarded to my cell phone, so no matter where i am, the second i get an email i know about it.

about 12 times a day.

Originally posted by fuzzylogic
love your name -> dabenxiong

i am just not so sure about the "xiong" part :D

DaBenXiong = the chinese pinyin for Big Stupid/Silly Bear. I accidently called myself that when I was with my gf, and now I'm stuck with it. She likes it so much that she insisted that I used it for SDN, AIM, MSN, WC3.... Sigh~

constantly, I use opera so whenever Im on my home computer im having my mail autocheck every 5 min. also when out of the room i check it between every class.

Originally posted by dabenxiong
DaBenXiong = the chinese pinyin for Big Stupid/Silly Bear. I accidently called myself that when I was with my gf, and now I'm stuck with it. She likes it so much that she insisted that I used it for SDN, AIM, MSN, WC3.... Sigh~

oh..hehe i thought it was "big poop bear"

Eleventy billion times, plus or minus a million. I know, it sounds like a lot.

Originally posted by dabenxiong
That would be Da Bian Xiong;)

i guess it all depends how we read your sn ;)

my friend also commented that it could mean poop haha.

well as long as your gf likes it...it will benefit you quite nicely :D

Originally posted by jetjulia
I check my email compulsively. Still waiting for interview invites from MSSM and Einstein. Waiting for an acceptance from CU...interviews next week at Drexel and Temple. Every day I think...maybe today's the day...I can't even get that psyched about emails from the new cutie I'm dating.

LOL...that's funny...I'm doing the exact same thing for most of the schools you mentioned, 'cept I already interviewed at Drexel. The CU wait is driving me crazy.

I'm in my lab with my computer constantly on and my email is always up so whenever I get mail even when I'm using another program I will get the you've got mail for every new message. So I will always know what I will get.