How Many Transcripts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EChipouras

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am moving, and due to my situation (and that of my school), it would be much easier to request all of my transcripts now instead of in a month or so.. In total, how many transcripts do I need for applying to med school? I know i send one to Amcas..is that it? Do I need any more for secondaries, etc.?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Some schools require transcripts later in the process but for the most part you only need one set initially to be sent to AMCAS.

Members don't see this ad :)
Like they said, you only need one to send to AMCAS. You will need to send the schools to which you are applying transcripts later on updating them of classes you complete throughout the application process. Good Luck.

Like they said, you only need one to send to AMCAS. You will need to send the schools to which you are applying transcripts later on updating them of classes you complete throughout the application process. Good Luck.

Some schools also want transcripts as part of the application process, and others want them before you matriculate.