• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Medical How many volunteer hours (minimum,) should I have at one specific place for it to be looked upon highly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Verified Expert
  • Oct 14, 2011
    1. Academic Administration
      I am going to be having 100 hours at one nonclinical place that I volunteer at, but I have to stop soon because I will most likely be moving within the next month. Thanks!
      Since you have labeled this "General", could you be more specific what path you are pursuing? Where are you in the process of preparing an application (are you a freshman, sophomore, how many years away before you feel you can apply?)?

Goro

Lifetime Donor
      10+ Year Member
      Verified Expert
      Jun 11, 2010
      Somewhere west of St. Louis
      1. Non-Student
        I am a senior but won't be applying to med school for two years. My question is, does 100 hours at one organization look good? I don't think it looks good to have like 20 hours at Organization A, 20 hours at Organization B, etc.
        Prolonged commitment looks better than little spurts. Quality >>>>>quantity as well. Love what you do and do what you love.

Status
        Not open for further replies.