How many W's?

Started by guppie
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

guppie

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have been experiencing problems within my family which have undoubtedly affected my schoolwork, particularly one subject where I totally bombed the first test.

Theoretically, I can still pass the class because of the distribution of points from one other test, a final, and a discussion grade. However, I have not learned the concepts and therefore feel that I should re-take this course to take the time to actually learn it.

This will be my second W (the first was an accidental one when I dropped an internship without realizing it was into the third week of school).

I was wondering, if any, how many W's did you all have/had in your undergraduate career and how have they affected you? Thanks.
 
I've had 5 Ws (all in my senior year and summer after). I had depression and then a VERY stressful summer that convinced me that withdrawing and retaking was a better option. I was able to withdraw 2x in my senior year because of AP credits.
 
0

I've only dropped one class in 7 semesters, well within the allowed period.

I've been fortunate not to have any major health/family problems.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had 10 Ws on my transcript. I don't think that they are a big deal as long as it doesn't seem like you are dropping your hardest classes ever other semester in order to make a better grade. A few Ws will not hurt your chances, and you can explain them in your interview.
 
I have one,

Nobody asked about it in any of my 6 interviews.

Good luck with your class.