How many W's?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

guppie

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been experiencing problems within my family which have undoubtedly affected my schoolwork, particularly one subject where I totally bombed the first test.

Theoretically, I can still pass the class because of the distribution of points from one other test, a final, and a discussion grade. However, I have not learned the concepts and therefore feel that I should re-take this course to take the time to actually learn it.

This will be my second W (the first was an accidental one when I dropped an internship without realizing it was into the third week of school).

I was wondering, if any, how many W's did you all have/had in your undergraduate career and how have they affected you? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I've had 5 Ws (all in my senior year and summer after). I had depression and then a VERY stressful summer that convinced me that withdrawing and retaking was a better option. I was able to withdraw 2x in my senior year because of AP credits.

I've only dropped one class in 7 semesters, well within the allowed period.

I've been fortunate not to have any major health/family problems.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had 10 Ws on my transcript. I don't think that they are a big deal as long as it doesn't seem like you are dropping your hardest classes ever other semester in order to make a better grade. A few Ws will not hurt your chances, and you can explain them in your interview.

I have one,

Nobody asked about it in any of my 6 interviews.

Good luck with your class.