How many years of post bacc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NRAI2001

3K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many years of post bacc work is generally necessary to make med schools happy? Lets say i have about a 3.4 gpa. Would it take 1 year of good post bacc grades to prove myself? Two years?

Of course this is with a decent mcat.

Members don't see this ad.

NRAI2001 said:
How many years of post bacc work is generally necessary to make med schools happy? Lets say i have about a 3.4 gpa. Would it take 1 year of good post bacc grades to prove myself? Two years?

man i sure hope so. i have about a 3.4 cum and a 2.8 sci.. i want to get to med school before i'm 25... my plan is to do 1 year of undergrad sciences.. hopefully ace it. then an SMP after. my grades show an upward trend and have almost straight As from my junior year to hopefully thru my senior year. let me not jinx it tho.. best of luck to everyone.

NRAI2001 said:

It really depends on how much you can handle. I don't think it matters if you take one or two years - as long as you can maintain good grades while taking three science classes a semester. I don't think the number of years really matter to medical schools - mostly the grades - and you can do it at your own pace.