How may programs? D.O. App

Started by gorlokdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gorlokdoc

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
DO student from the Midwest looking to stay Midwest. Applying Allopathic

USMLE 1/2: both 240's
COMLEX1/2: both mid 700's

2 poster presentations at large rad conferences.

Very interested in 4-5 programs. Outside of those, simply don't want to go unmatched. Looking for some advice as to the number of programs that I should safely apply to without getting wild and wasting money.
Also curious as to how many prelim spots I should be looking in to.

Thanks for the help.
 
Last edited:
I'd probably say around 30 rads programs? That's just a guess though.

I'm also interested in how many prelim programs people normally apply to.
 
DO student from the Midwest looking to stay Midwest. Applying Allopathic

USMLE 1/2: both 240's
COMLEX1/2: both mid 700's

2 poster presentations at large rad conferences.

Very interested in 4-5 programs. Outside of those, simply don't want to go unmatched. Looking for some advice as to the number of programs that I should safely apply to without getting wild and wasting money.
Also curious as to how many prelim spots I should be looking in to.

Thanks for the help.

Hey, I applied to around 50 radiology programs, 10 TY years and 10 prelim medicine years. I matched within my top 3 for rads and my number 1 TY. What programs are you looking at? PM me if you need! Good luck!