How much can RC help me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BillyLungs

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I took the DAT and this is my breakdown:

19 AA
19 TS
18 GC
19 OC
19 BIO
21 PAT
25 RC
16 QR

Just how much will my RC score help me with admissions?

ALSO, is it ok that I have 16 QR with all the other scores I have??

Totally felt good about my scores but keep getting self-conscious about them lol

Members don't see this ad.

A lot of your success in dental school comes from the science scores.

A lot of your success in dental school comes from the science scores.

yeah but i've also heard RC is something that is really important to a lot of schools.. im wondering if my high RC score will help me stand out with my lower science scores?

Members don't see this ad :)
If you have a decent GPA you are fine. I got in with a 16QR and 19AA.

So I took the DAT and this is my breakdown:

19 AA
19 TS
18 GC
19 OC
19 BIO
21 PAT
25 RC
16 QR

Just how much will my RC score help me with admissions?

ALSO, is it ok that I have 16 QR with all the other scores I have??

Totally felt good about my scores but keep getting self-conscious about them lol
You're fine. Your scores are equal to or slightly better than mine (and your RC kills mine) and I had success this cycle (got into my reach school, with a 16QR, which I will be attending).

Knowing your weakness is fine but dreading over it is not. If you are not completely at ease, you can retake the test. I don't think you should since you did very well on RC. Just be ready to explain when adcoms visit the QR score.

Also, now that you know you have some weakness in your app, you can actually take advantage of this and buff up all your other extracurriculars and GPA. So when they ask, you will be able to say that the DAT is not the only measurement of how competent of an applicant you are. My mock interviewers actually advised me to do this (which I did) and I think it worked for me. Hope it helps you too.

Knowing your weakness is fine but dreading over it is not. If you are not completely at ease, you can retake the test. I don't think you should since you did very well on RC. Just be ready to explain when adcoms visit the QR score.

Also, now that you know you have some weakness in your app, you can actually take advantage of this and buff up all your other extracurriculars and GPA. So when they ask, you will be able to say that the DAT is not the only measurement of how competent of an applicant you are. My mock interviewers actually advised me to do this (which I did) and I think it worked for me. Hope it helps you too.
My QR score was never questioned in any of my interviews.

ok sweet this is good to hear.. I'm confident i can do well in interviews. Thanks a lot!!