Jul 11, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey guys, so how much do individual grades matter? I have a variety of A's and B's in my science classes except one semester when things were going tough and I ended up with a C's in both Organic Chem 2 and an upper division biology course. I also had a withdrawal in biochemistry as well but ended up taking it again the next semester and getting a B. By the time I apply I should have around a 3.75 overall and around a 3.67 science. Do these individual grades put me at a disadvantage when applying to MD programs?

eteshoe

2+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2016
Tethys, Saturn
Status
MD/PhD Student
It may raise a few eyebrows but I can't imagine those grades would put you out of the running for MD programs.

gonnif

Only 389 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
It may raise a few eyebrows but I can't imagine those grades would put you out of the running for MD programs.
It wont be an issue

Reactions: GrapesofRath

Catalystik

The Gimlet Eye
10+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2006
The Other Side of the Portal
Hey guys, so how much do individual grades matter? I have a variety of A's and B's in my science classes except one semester when things were going tough and I ended up with a C's in both Organic Chem 2 and an upper division biology course. I also had a withdrawal in biochemistry as well but ended up taking it again the next semester and getting a B. By the time I apply I should have around a 3.75 overall and around a 3.67 science. Do these individual grades put me at a disadvantage when applying to MD programs?
When one's GPAs are very good and generally competitive, the transcript is less likely to undergo class-by-class microanalysis. You'll be fine.