How much do you love U Chicago or U mich. ann arbor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Please!

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am tearing my hair out trying to decide where to go this year for med. school. u chicago and u mich are both fantastic schools. I just wanted to know from anyone who goes there, both the good and bad points. I'm from the east coast so it's far away from home for me and I'm having trouble deciding. Any advice would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Do a search on my name or Michigan, and you'll find my opinions......I think of typed pages on the topic :) (sorry I'm tired)

I think this place is great though. Wouldn't want to be anywhere else. Definitely no regrets.

U of C is not in a great area to live in
can you get umich in-state tuition? DEbt is an important issue.
If you want to do research or enter a VERY competitive specialty UofC might be a better option.
Other than that you're splitting hairs

Members don't see this ad :)
SunnyS81 said:
Do a search on my name or Michigan, and you'll find my opinions......I think of typed pages on the topic :) (sorry I'm tired)

I think this place is great though. Wouldn't want to be anywhere else. Definitely no regrets.

ditto on all accounts - search for me and michigan and you'll get volumes. i love my school. :thumbup: i'm just too tired to type loads here. just finished my weekend quiz and i have laundry to do. whee!

Gauss said:
If you want to do research or enter a VERY competitive specialty UofC might be a better option.

That's so not true!!! I'm interested in a VERY VERY competitive specialty (plastics) and UofM is much more well known in the field, which is going to mean a hell of a lot when I need letters to vouch for me. Although I didn't know this when I was making my decision (between Michigan and U of C as a matter of fact) I'm glad I feel lucky I chose Michigan for this very reason.

Go Blue, that's all I have to say. Goodnight.