how much does savings figure into EFC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bonez318ti

Future Rally Medic
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a non traditional student and I've got some money saved up in various accounts (investments/checking) that amount to roughly the first year of tuition and expenses (~30k) at one of my state schools (NY)..

Any idea what my EFC is or how much subsidized loans I would qualify for?

(working on my FAFSA.. will probably submit it in the next few weeks.. just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas)
 
Check the links thread and you can find an EFC estimator. No one can answer how much in subsidized loans you will qualify for since it depends on your EFC, how much subsidized money your school has to offer, and how much they will be offering to other students.