USMLE How much inflation in UW percentage subject-wise vs random?

ZKenpachi

5+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2016
  1. Medical Student
    Hello all,

I'm currently doing UW subject-wise in conjunction with my first read of FA. Finished the general principles in FA and ~ 19% of UW (biochem, genetics, immuno and micro only so far, will switch to system-wise soon). My cumulative is 78% so far, and while I am happy with it, I know it is inflated quite a bit because I'm not on random.

Has anyone done their first run through on subjects/systems, and what were your percentages? And generally, what level of performance on NBMEs did it correlate with?

I realize UW is best used as a learning tool, which is why I'm doing it this way cuz I feel that this works for me. I won't take an online NBME before I finish my first run of FA though, so I would like to get some sort of idea on how I'm doing so far.

I did take NBME 7 around 2 months ago just for fun, and got 75% correct. Equates to around 200, if the conversion charts are to be believed.

I have ~10 weeks before my exam and shooting for 250+. FMG, if it matters.

Thank you.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
    2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
    5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
    6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    7. This thread is locked.