How much is a fellow's time worth?

Started by mjakec
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mjakec

Junior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm starting my pain fellowship next week and have been given the opportunity to do some moonlighting on the weekends. My responsibilities would be rounding on Sat/Sun, home call from Fri night to Mon morning on a community inpatient rehab unit. Census averages around 8 (can be as low as 3 or as high as 15). Occasional weekend admissions.

My question is how much should I ask to be reimbursed for a flat fee per weekend? The only comparison I have is doing disability evaluations as a resident- I was making around $700-$900/day for about 8 hours of work.

Thanks!!
 
Similar situation a a couple years ago. I just stuck with case evaluation as I didn't want the call and it was a more flexible schedule. It probably depends on the location you are in, and how badly they want someone. I had offers for $1500 at the academic center and $2100 at the county hospital for a weekend of work. Both required me to do admissions, and one wanted consults too.