How much is too much for MCAT books?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedmind

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I made an order and it came to around $340 at Barnes and Noble. I didn't actually place the order yet.

I got:

Kaplan New MCAT in a Box
Manufactured by Kaplan
Other Format
Online Price: $49.95
Quantity: 1
Usually ships within 24 hours
Same Day delivery in Manhattan

Kaplan New MCAT 2007 Edition: Premier Program (CD-ROM)
Rochelle Rothstein, P. Conti, P. Finkel
Paperback
Online Price: $64.00

Kaplan New MCAT Practice Tests
Kaplan Staff, Manufactured by Kaplan
Paperback
Online Price: $17.60

Examkrackers 1001 Passages in MCAT Biology
Alex Merkulov
Paperback
Online Price: $31.96
Usually available in 1-2 weeks

Examkrackers 101 Passages in MCAT Verbal Reasoning: Eleven full-length MCAT verbal reasoning tests
David Orsay, Jonathan Orsay, Foreword by Jonathan Orsay
Paperback
Online Price: $39.95

Examkrackers MCAT Complete Study Package
Jonathan Orsay
Paperback
Online Price: $139.96
Usually available in 1-2 weeks

Is this being redundant/going overboard/being overkill? I keep hearing that Kaplan is good for practice tests, EK is good for Bio/Verbal,....etc..etc..I just want to know if my order is logical and smart.

Members don't see this ad.

Still much cheaper than paying $1600 to take a Kaplan classroom course. I'd dispense with the Kaplan New MCAT in a Box. You should be able to get that more cheaply on Amazon if you really want that. In fact, you should be able to get all of those books (except for the EK study package) from Amazon for as much as 50% off each, especially if you get them used.

And you'd probably get some of those books more quickly as some of the books in your order don't ship until 1-2 weeks later.

Still much cheaper than paying $1600 to take a Kaplan classroom course. I'd dispense with the Kaplan New MCAT in a Box. You should be able to get that more cheaply on Amazon if you really want that. In fact, you should be able to get all of those books (except for the EK study package) from Amazon for as much as 50% off each, especially if you get them used.

And you'd probably get some of those books more quickly as some of the books in your order don't ship until 1-2 weeks later.

Yeah....I read some reviews for the cards on Amazon and they weren't good. I study well by index cards, however.

I noticed the EK website has the complete study guide on Preorder...I am guessing if they don't have them immediately available no one will.

Thanks for the input.

Does my order look good otherwise?