How much is too much?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flyindentist

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently studying for the DAT. I need to take it by the end of June. Some of it is coming along okay and of course some isn't. I'm also currently training for an Ironman in the midst of my studying. I plan on racing in an Ironman at the end of September or there is another race I might do in October. I'm just at the beginning stages. I took 2nd place in a triathlon last weekend. My current training only requires about 1-2 hours of training per day, 6 days a week. I just don't know if I should drop the Ironman training and do straight DAT studying. My Ironman training is going great and I hate to mess up my rhythm. I've dropped 30 lbs and feel great! I'm also a corporate pilot for a Fortune 50 company. I've taken the last 6 weeks off so that I can focus on studying. I'll be off till the end of June. Thoughts anyone?

Members don't see this ad.

Study from 7am-11am, exercise for 5 hrs, eat, then study from 2pm on. If your are committed, you can do it.

I like that schedule you have. I'm not a fan of waking up early but at least that would give me an opportunity to break up my day. I've been getting up and then working out first thing. Then study all day. I'm so burned out by the end of the day. I just want to go for another swim or something (actually I need to get better on the bike, that's where I'm losing the most time). Anyhow, thank you.

I left it too late and am now cramming hard. I personally would recommend to take it gradually day by day in an even amount. It's more sustainable long term. Balance your day (like recommendation above with a bike ride) and you'll feel more productive once you get back to studying.