You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
How much money do you earn in a year?
Started by Az1698
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Maybe like five grand before taxes? I only worked during the summer, and money wasn't all that important to me. I was a pharmacy tech.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What you make is highly variable, depending on: what job, number of jobs and hours worked. Prior work experience can also play in as it has potential to affect what salary you get hired in at.
.
Last edited:
Worry about grades, not money. Take out loans. 😀
Wise words.Worry about grades, not money. Take out loans. 😀
HumidBeing
In Memory of Riley Jane
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Minimum wage when I was slinging pizzas, and working in restaurant kitchens. $4,000 for the summer working in a lab. I'm not working for pay this year.
Humid, how did you get a job in a lab? Isn't that a double benefit lol
The science departments at my school usually put up a list of labs looking for undergrad students as summer approaches.
Also, it's fairly common for medical centers to have summer research positions available for undergrads(at least in my area anyway). My impression is these are pretty competative.
The science departments at my school usually put up a list of labs looking for undergrad students as summer approaches.
Also, it's fairly common for medical centers to have summer research positions available for undergrads(at least in my area anyway). My impression is these are pretty competative.
I see. I hope I can get one of these positions 🙂 . How much do they pay?
bartend/wait tables.
get out in the real world. meet people. get used to working hard, busting ass and having a good time doing it.
I worked a little less than full-time throughout college, made ~$20,000 a year. I don't know how you could live without a job..... rent? insurance? gas? I'm in med school now (pre-clinical) and it SUCKS not working; I have way more free-time than I'm used to and it's nice but I know I could be more productive.
get out in the real world. meet people. get used to working hard, busting ass and having a good time doing it.
I worked a little less than full-time throughout college, made ~$20,000 a year. I don't know how you could live without a job..... rent? insurance? gas? I'm in med school now (pre-clinical) and it SUCKS not working; I have way more free-time than I'm used to and it's nice but I know I could be more productive.
I see. I hope I can get one of these positions 🙂 . How much do they pay?
Where I'm at the medical center ones pay $4000, for 10 weeks of full time work (so $10 and hour).
I just did a quick search and it looks like the undergrad labs pay more like $2500-$3,000 for the same timeframe. I would guess pay for these positions would probably vary with the particular lab and it's funding.
4
45408
Work your ass off over the summer so that you don't have to take out such big loans, and you have lots of experience in various things. I worked two jobs after my junior year and pulled in $9000 over the summer, in addition to the full-ride and then some that I got for my senior year. Even wiser words. 😉Worry about grades, not money. Take out loans. 😀
Work your ass off over the summer so that you don't have to take out such big loans, and you have lots of experience in various things. I worked two jobs after my junior year and pulled in $9000 over the summer, in addition to the full-ride and then some that I got for my senior year. Even wiser words. 😉
Wow, what jobs did you work, how long and how much per hour?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'd rather take out an extra $9000 in loans than bust my ass through what's supposed to be my time off. Maybe that's just me.
I'd rather take out an extra $9000 in loans than bust my ass through what's supposed to be my time off. Maybe that's just me.
I'm gonna agree with TheProwler on this one, I worked every good job I could get my hands on in the summer(and to a lesser extent the school year). No debt=zen.
4
45408
landscaping at $12/hr for 40-60 hours a week, and EMT for 10-40 hours a week. I averaged 85 hours a week for almost a month. Knowing how much money I was making was all the incentive I needed.Wow, what jobs did you work, how long and how much per hour?
Milkman - working hard over the summer helps you realize how little you work during the school year. Senior year was all the break I needed.
Similar threads
- Question
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 948
E
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 569
E
E
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 278
E
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 423