How much money during OBC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2LT DO

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be at OBC this summer in San Antonio and I was wondering how much I will get paid during the 6 weeks while I am there, including:
Housing allowance
Pay for my wife and child
Salary as 2LT

If anyone else has been to OBC, or any other ADT, and knows the answers please let me know.

2LT

Members don't see this ad.

2LT DO said:
I will be at OBC this summer in San Antonio and I was wondering how much I will get paid during the 6 weeks while I am there, including:
Housing allowance
Pay for my wife and child
Salary as 2LT

If anyone else has been to OBC, or any other ADT, and knows the answers please let me know.

2LT

Family of 3 1st year 2LT

Basic Pay $2,343.60
BAS $183.99
BAH $851.00

per month so for 6 weeks: $5067.89, before taxes but most isn't taxed.

i didnt think we got money for BAH since we are staying on base.

Members don't see this ad :)
according to the AF web site:
45 day AD pay: 3515 (taxable)
BAS 262.85 (non taxable)
BAH 721.35 (non taxable)

You will get BAH if you are married since they know you have to pay rent for whereever your spouse is staying. As a single guy, you won't get BAH because the Army figures they're providing you a place to live and that's good enough. I understand that most single guys are still paying for a place while at OBC, but the Army doesn't take that into account. That's my info as a married USUHS guy, who talked to a bunch of married and single HPSP guys.

llort said:
according to the AF web site:
45 day AD pay: 3515 (taxable)
BAS 262.85 (non taxable)
BAH 721.35 (non taxable)

I believe these numbers are for a family of 1...you get more for a family of 3